ESG Advisory Banker - Sustainable & Impact Banking Coverage
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays ESG Advisory Banker - Sustainable & Impact Banking Coverage, you will be participating in deal origination and execution activity including ESG-focused support for IPOs, sell-side M&A and strategic corporate finance advisory. The ESG Advisory team serves as a center of sustainability expertise for the broader Banking platform in the Investment Bank. You will have key accountability for producing client-facing materials and proposals, along with being accountable for training and assistance of junior team members.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Colleagues who perform 'onsite' roles will spend four or five days a week working onsite, depending on the requirements of their role and business area. Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Leading idea generation and production of thoughtful and innovative client materials while also functioning as a linkage point between the MD/D and the analyst pool
• Utilising a solid grasp of cross-sector trends in ESG/climate to provide high quality ESG advice and assistance to corporate clients
• Providing input and idea generation for strategic dialogue with a C-Suite-level client audience around the impact of ESG on M&A, overall strategic direction, and financial valuation
• Running ESG workstreams in transaction execution processes where ESG expertise is required, including the incorporation of ESG within relevant marketing and legal documentation
• Following developments in the ESG space and drafting summaries of relevance to Banking clients both within SIB and the broader Banking franchise
• Supporting the growth of the SIB franchise by integrating the climate tech coverage ecosystem within ESG Advisory client dialogue, to enable cross-fertilisation with clients outside of SIB
• Generating buy-in from all teams across Banking by continuously demonstrating the value-add of the ESG Advisory offering in helping win business
• Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree or MBA
• Solid grasp of ESG and its application to corporate advisory within the Investment Banking landscape with solid experience in financial models/valuation principles
• Team player with ability to work autonomously, anticipating and integrating emerging ESG trends and their impact for clients in a fast-moving environment
• Demonstrable knowledge of management and/or implementation of transition pathways, carbon management as well a broader understanding of the landscape of climate tech solutions
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior experience in investment banking/private equity, combined with demonstrable expertise within sustainability
• Experience with sustainable finance, disclosure frameworks, both mandatory and best practice and trends
• Understanding of ESG ratings assessment methodologies and the drivers of relative performance
• Relevant courses undertaken/qualifications gained within the fields of sustainability, climate, and carbon
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.