Roles and Responsibilities
- Review market surveillance reports, monitor for stock concentration, suspicious activities and possible manipulation that could result in credit loss
- Review risk control reports and monitor Company's overall stock exposure
- Review of counters with significant price movements, identify pump-and-dumps stocks, adverse market news, concentrated shares margin portfolios and take pre-emptive measures against vulnerable accounts
- Identify distressed companies with the aim of assisting OSPL - Risk Management in managing Equities credit exposures including Cash Trading, Shares Margin Financing and Securities Borrowing and Lending
- Review OSPL's house market risk limits and positions
- Periodic review of OSPL's marginable securities list. Make recommendation to upgrading/downgrading of stocks, counter concentration limits and valuation haircut for marginable securities.
- Build-up the marginable calculation algorithm, make improvement to the margin calculations to derive productivity.
- Perform monthly stress testing and review stress testing result.
- Assist Derivatives team to produce BAU reports for risk monitoring.
- Main liaison for adhoc tasks assigned by OCBC Market Risk Management
Reporting to Qualifications
- A good degree in Accountancy/Finance with 3 years of experience in securities and/or derivatives markets
- Strong understanding of the working of securities and/or derivative markets
- Able to work independently according to procedure and pro-active in mitigating credit and market risk
- Well versed in Microsoft Office including Excel VBA
- Familiar with Bloomberg is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, organized, responsible, meticulous and able to multi-task