Overview of Citi
Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients.
You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast's iconic Titanic Quarter. Role Overview
A business analyst / project manager is required is required to support Legal as part Legal Program Service's change portfolio. This individual will work closely with legal and business implementation teams, central project management teams, external legal counsel and vendors to ensure the timely delivery of Legal Program Service's programme goals. It is crucial that the individual is self-motivated, driven and solution focused. Key Responsibilities
The individual will be aligned to regulatory & efficiency / process optimization related projects.
- Manage one or more projects / workstreams end-to-end, maintaining overall accountability, leading required analysis, working group meetings and workshops with stakeholders including preparation of meeting materials, as well as managing vendor teams to drive solutioning. Working across the Legal function and obtaining the desired inputs from various stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Elicit, prioritize and document requirements from multiple stakeholders
- Gather, analyse, document and validate requirements - create BRDs - using recognized Business Analysis techniques (data analysis, process analysis, interviewing, process mapping, etc.).
- Mapping 'as-is' and 'to-be' business states, identifying opportunities for improvement, options for change, modelling different scenarios, analysing impacts of change, and summarise options & recommendations
- Work with the Legal SMEs and business functions to gather requirements and document functional specifications and process flows. Perform detailed process analysis, host workshops to find confirm understanding and replay understanding and proposed solutions back to team leads and management.
- Develop, track and maintain project plans, the status of deliverables and the RAID log; Manage project risk, issues, assumptions and dependencies with a strong focus on ensuring there are clear owners and resolution dates.
- Plan, create and execute a detailed task list based on high level goals and objectives.
- Manage technology and vendor teams as required, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure success
- Document meeting minutes, maintain scorecards and other PMO updates, summarising meeting actions, following up on outstanding items, escalating issues as necessary.
- Within the workstreams they are responsible for, facilitating and finding practical and simple solutions to complicated problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality by guiding and supporting business reviews, performing impact analysis and summarise options & recommendations.
- Create user guides and detailed runbooks (e.g. go-live checklists / runbooks) ensuring business and stakeholder buy-in is obtained and deliver training as needed.
- Achieve consensus and obtain sign-off from key stakeholders on the requirements documents.
- Support in the development of testing plans, user acceptance plans. Understand and articulate the effect of proposed solutions conduct impact assessment and benefits analysis for proposed solutions
- Participate in vendor/technology demonstrations, testing, quality reviews.
- Work with third party vendors on various implementations and provide subject matter expertise.
- Lead the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by creating test scripts, engaging the proper testers, providing training, documenting issues and risks, and collaborate with technology on the necessary fixes and/or enhancements prior to sign off and deployment.
- Operate a change management process across project stakeholders changes to ensure all changes to scope clearly defined, control and financial impacts well understood and signed off prior to implementation.
- Monitor and control all steps of the project through post implementation support period.
- Project management/business analysis experience
- Experience in Banking & Capital Markets.
- Exposure to Legal and Compliance highly beneficial
- Risk & Control Background preferred
- Deep experience of financial markets in at least one domain e.g. Loans, Derivatives, Securities
- Experience in developing comprehensive project plans ideally in MS-Project and RAID management
- Managing scope creep - impact analysis, applying control and communicating the change and any impact to relevant parties
- Experience of facing off to senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills - including good verbal and written communication, presentation skills and the ability to facilitate meetings and workshops with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, being able to diagnose root cause of issues
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Visio skills with ability to create business focused presentations and clear process flows.
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high standard.
- Excellent data analysis skills, ability to analyze data using Excel features (e.g. pivots, functions, macros.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload and shift activities to meet business needs and department goals
- Ability to build effective stakeholder relationships
- Results-oriented, dedicated problem solver with a positive personality and can-do attitude
- Strong analytical and project management skills
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. What we Offer
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We'll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
- 3 days working in office, 2 days working from home.
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Operations - Core ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Operations Project Management ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting