Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
As the US retail arm of BlackRock, US Wealth Advisory ("USWA") is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with wealth management firms and platforms, distributing BlackRock's alpha-seeking and iShares investment capabilities, and encouraging the adoption of BlackRock's portfolio construction and digital wealth technologies by financial advisors. The Investment Solutions Group's mission is to drive US Wealth Advisory revenue and create leverage for the sales team by increasing platform and discretionary model placements and help home office discretionary teams build better portfolios by solving client challenges. The Investment Solutions Group works specifically with research analysts at the home office (e.g., Morgan Stanley headquarters) that are conducting due diligence on BlackRock's products. These research analysts are responsible for approving products for placement on platforms and discretionary models that will be used by the firm's employees (e.g., a Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor). Job Purpose/Background:
The analyst will work as part of the COO team on various internal and external reporting projects spanning product, sales, strategy, and business analytics. We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual excited to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment that will be the future growth engine for the world's largest asset manager. Given the broad range of projects and initiatives, relatively small group size, and collegial business culture, the analyst will gain significant exposure across the business.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to get exposure to different areas of the business and gain a wealth of knowledge about BlackRock, its position in the market and the products we manage. Key Responsibilities:
- ork including budget process, overall discretionary assets and revenue analysis, real time capturing of placement and model trades, pipeline, monthly decks etc.
- Work directly with relationship managers to provide support for client firms, including preparation of quarterly, monthly and ad hoc client inquiries around fund positioning and performance information for US Wealth Advisory investment products.
- Create power point presentation for BlackRock Investment Products showing the track record of an investment portfolio, using charts and comparisons to an appropriate benchmark, displaying the method of selecting stocks and other information along with competitor profiling
- Work on various data management projects for US retail clients
- Collecting & coordinating portfolio information & data to facilitate due diligence process which includes completing client due diligence questionnaires
- Undertake competitor intelligence projects which involves analysis of mutual funds marketplace in the U.S.
Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Postgraduate - MBA (Finance) from reputable institution
- 2+ years related experience in the investment management business
- Strong self-motivation and ability to lead work streams relatively independently
- Strong in Microsoft excel skills including macros and an aptitude for technology and automation
- Excellent presentation skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of investment products like equities, bonds, derivatives etc.
- Experience in report automation would be preferred
- Knowledge of Morningstar would be preferred
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.