Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Senior Representative, Reconciliation
to join our Reconciliation
team. This role is located in Manchester, the UK. The mode of work - hybrid. Department/Team overview
The RCOE (Reconciliation) team, work with a collaborative global team to achieve goals and targets.
The successful applicant will work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
The teams work with several reconciliation tools and systems to assist in the identification, monitoring and resolution of discrepancies and use up to date technology to collaborate with internal colleagues.
The role requires good attention to detail, effective communication skills and the ability to escalate potential risks to both peers and senior management. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Performing in-depth analysis of reconciliations, deciphering highly complex exceptions between systems, clients, institutions, etc. for securities, cash and/or derivatives; process client accounts. In some areas of the organization,
- Serving as a team supervisor for the day-to-day operations.
- Assisting in daily, weekly and monthly reporting using an understanding of the stock record and knowledge of basic accounting. Assisting with regulatory reporting.
- Interacting with those at a senior level in other groups to address issues or improvements.
- Assisting in analyzing operational needs and provides input for project requests to solve the identified need. Being assigned to complex systems, clients or institutions.
- Communicating complex break reports to either internal groups within the firm or correspondents outside the firm.
- Monitoring resolution. May assist more junior teammates with difficult exceptions.
- Deciphering complex exceptions, performing root-cause analysis on why exceptions exist. Analyzing trends, entering reconciliation data and ensuring proper aging. Reviewing work completed by junior support staff.
- 2-3 years of total work experience
- Experience in brokerage/banking operations/reconciliation processes preferred.
- The successful candidate needs to be enthusiastic, attentive to detail, flexible and have the drive to be successful while working in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under time pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and computer literate.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Focused on consistently achieving both team and company goals
- Clerical skills with particular focus on accuracy, attention to detail, organisation and keyboard skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and take responsibility for own learning and development.
- Focused attitude to work, excellent individual and team player and an ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Friendly and approachable.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.