As a Barclays Software Engineer - Data, your role is for a senior hands-on engineer with excellent knowledge and experience of designing and developing with performance, quality and simplicity built in. Supporting your team in meeting the increasing demand from the change portfolio whilst ensuring continued stakeholder engagement and prioritizing based on team capacity. You will be managing of multiple deliveries across the Decisioning Platforms and maintaining Application Development.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Managing multiple projects delivering automated business strategies/ rules in the form of monthly releases
• Building and Maintaining the project delivery roadmap and ensure timely execution of the same with maximum of +/- 2% variance
• Building out the assets and delivery capabilities that will enable delivery against the project's design principles
• Managing Project Risks, Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies
• Ensuring engineering consistency of all new and extended designs
• Working closely with business and wider engineering stakeholders
What we're looking for:
• Broad experience working on of SAS Grid 9.4 with proven hands on experience on SAS macros and SAS reporting
• Broad experience in scheduling tools: CRON/ LSF/ TIVOLI/ SMC
• Extensive knowledge of Teradata/Hadoop databases and forming complex SQL queries
• Broad experience on any mainstream programming language like Java, COBOL etc
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Broad experience around migrating BRMS tools from legacy infrastructure to Cloud and working experience with BRMS tools, UNIX/ AIX, PL/ SQL
• You have SAS certification for SAS 9 base programmer plus SAS certification for SAS 9 Advanced programming
• Broad experience/ knowledge on BRMS product would be a bonus
• Proven experience of working within Financial Services
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.