Who we are looking for:
The Derivatives Oversight manager is responsible for all aspects of operational support and daily governance of on and offshore Middle Office operational support across the derivatives teams supporting multiple derivatives products traded on behalf of client accounts, as well as providing a daily point of escalation for client and third party escalation and issue resolution.
In depth understanding of Middle Office Derivatives Operations required across multiple products - ETD, OTC, Collateral and regulatory reporting.
Minimum 5 years' experience within Middle Office Operations with a minimum of 3 years staff management. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As an Assistant Vice President within Derivatives Middle Office you will:
What we value:
- Manage the daily BAU Onshore Oversight team for a specified IM client for Derivatives functions within remit.
- Develop and maintain key contacts and relationships with the client.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions as well as external stakeholders (custodians, brokers etc.).
- Serve as senior escalation and closely monitor escalation queries and facilitate accurate and timely responses and resolution
- Ensure that the Oversight governance policy is adhered to at all times
- Ensure that operational client service delivery standards (KPIs) are maintained and enhanced where appropriate for our global delivery model.
- Ensure that all offshore activity has appropriate administrative documentation in place via SLA's, internal KPI's and a monthly governance program in adherence to mandated Oversight policy
- Constantly review policy, procedures and controls in order to reduce risk and enhance operational service delivery and effectiveness.
- Proactively work to conceptualize and implement measurable process improvements and client solutions.
- Ensure full compliance with internal policies working with CIS, Risk and Compliance managers as required.
- Provide oversight management including regular reviews, objective setting and planning in line with business line and corporate goals.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Outstanding client service, influencing, negotiation and communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal and staff management skills
- Effective decision making and prioritization skills.
- Experience of working within a highly pressurized and time sensitive environment.
- Highly developed problem solving skill set, including the ability to conceptualize and implement solutions.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintain relationships, internal as well as external across varying levels and cultures.
- Proactive in nature.
Additional requirements: About State Street What we do.
- Minimum 5 years in investment management operations with a minimum of 3 years staff management.
- Minimum 5 years' experience of client communication and interaction at all levels.
- Extensive product knowledge across a varied product scope of ETD and OTC derivatives, Collateral and regulatory reporting beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge of confirmation workflow is extremely beneficial, as is experience using local middleware matching products including clearing and executing brokers for ETD & OTC, SWIFT messaging and Alert SSI database
- Basic Excel, Word and Power Point skills preferred.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers