Description About this role
The Digital Enterprise Legal team within BlackRock is seeking a Transactional Lawyer (Vice President)
with 4 to 8 years of experience in commercial contract negotiations. The role will include responsibility for drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex service agreements for the provision of financial technology systems, tools and services to clients. The role will focus on supporting BlackRock's Aladdin, Aladdin Wealth and eFront client technology businesses in the EMEA, with the intention that the lawyer will also directly support other BlackRock client technology and consulting businesses over time. Technology clients may include banks, insurance companies, state pensions, corporate treasuries, asset managers, wealth managers, and other investment management entities. This role will also involve executing on projects designed to improve business impact, mitigate legal and regulatory risk, and enable BlackRock to best serve its clients. The lawyer will work closely with the leadership teams across BlackRock's client technology businesses to provide both legal and business guidance in support of strategic business development activities, ongoing client relationship management and other key initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Analyse, present and advise BlackRock's functional and management teams on corporate and business law issues.
- Negotiate agreements for the provision of enterprise investment systems and financial risk and wealth management and other analytics tools and associated services.
- Support the business development and product development processes by providing key inputs and advice.
- Support broader business requirements, including strategic partnerships and vendor relationships, as applicable.
- Work in a fast-paced and business-oriented environment with business groups throughout BlackRock.
- Q ualification in the UK -or equivalent in another European jurisdiction, with a minimum of 4 years of experience, preferably at a major law firm (secondment experience a plus) or in-house within a large financial services or technology company.
- European language skills e.g. French, German, Italian, Spanish is desirable.
- Corporate transactional, contracts negotiation and/or commercial transaction background, preferably with experience in technology (including cloud computing and/or SaaS agreements), market data and intellectual property related matters, data privacy and/or technology outsourcings and related regulatory considerations. Experience with state pension / public institution contracting is a plus.
- Familiarity with fixed income and equities trading infrastructure, including prior experience at trading firms or broker-dealer entities, would be a plus - please highlight relevant experience in your application.
- Ability to learn and understand complex technical service offerings and requirements and apply knowledge in negotiation of service contracts.
- Ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyse legal and commercial risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions.
- Ability to interact directly with internal business managers and subject matter experts to address the needs of a growing global business in a thoughtful and practical manner.
- Ability to independently manage a varied and broad portfolio of client transactions effectively, demonstrating strong judgment and skills in time management and prioritisation.
- Ability to effectively support a team of senior lawyers, and to assess, calibrate, communicate and handle evolving priorities in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.