About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Institutional Channel Marketing Manager you will
What we value
- Lead our marketing efforts in Continental Europe, working closely with distribution teams in each of our target markets to build a marketing strategy and plan aligned to our business goals
- Work closely with sales teams and SMEs to understand client needs that define our marketing strategy
- Lead marketing campaigns focused on our equity capabilities to support the full EMEA region
- Support ESG initiatives to highlight State Street's leadership position and engage target audiences
- Partner with internal and external groups to execute and measure marketing programs, including: digital marketing, content & design, event management, PR and media strategy.
- Measure program results and recommend changes to improve performance against identified goals
- Communicate outcomes and recommendations to leadership teams
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 10+ years of relevant marketing experience
- B2B investment marketing experience required
- A strong understanding of the European marketplace and the buying criteria of asset owners, consultants and other intermediaries
- Demonstrated ability to develop marketing programs that deliver results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytic and project management skills
- Ability to drive initiatives independently
- Bachelor's degree preferably with major in marketing or communications
- Experience in Financial Services highly preferred