Grandfield & Dodd, LLC, an independent NYC-based registered investment adviser, seeks an
Equity Research Analyst to join our boutique firm. We employ a research-centric approach to
oversee approximately $1.8 billion for high-net worth individuals, families, and trusts via
separately managed accounts holding primarily individual stocks and bonds.
Equity investments are long-only with low turnover, and include mega, large and mid-cap
companies. Extended investment horizon of 3+ years requires long-term thinking, rigorous
analysis, and understanding of company and industry fundamentals.
Founded in 2001 with less than $100 million in assets under management, Grandfield & Dodd
continues to grow its business on the strength of its client relationships, many of which span
multiple generations. Correspondingly, we are looking for investment professionals to help us to
build out a multi-generational firm that can serve our clients’ needs in the decades ahead.
Who you are
• Interested in working in an entrepreneurial environment where each employee
wears multiple hats to help build the business.
• Client-first orientation with the highest level of personal and professional
• Keenly interested in developing expertise in personal financial and estate planning
matters that are of critical importance to many of our clients.
• Strong computational, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Collaborative by nature and operates in a transparent and forthcoming way in all
interactions and dealings.
• Minimum of 2 years fundamental equity research experience.
• Bachelor’s degree, plus either MBA (Finance) or CFA designation.
What you’ll do
• Equity research, including the development of specific stock recommendations
and investable themes, and the production of written research for clients.
• Analyze investments in response to specific client needs or requests (e.g., legacy
holdings, externally generated investment ideas, private investment offers, etc.).
• Maintain a constructive and relevant investment perspective that is informed by
current economic and market backdrops.
• Develop equity purchase candidates, inclusive of descriptive page and other
support materials for group decision making.
• Contribute to the ongoing understanding of current investments.
• Update company descriptive pages for changes to company circumstances or
evolution of investment case with attention to current risks and opportunities.
• Active member of Research Working Group that oversees company fact page
maintenance, corporate action communications, equity and bond research elements in client correspondence, equity and bond data integrity in portfolio management system.
What we offer
We strive to enhance the total health and well-being of our employees through comprehensive,
competitive benefits. Our goal is to offer a highly individualized employee experience that
enables you to balance your commitments to career, family, and community. When you work for
Grandfield & Dodd, you are working for an organization that cares about your unique talents and
We expect the base salary range for this role to be approximately $100,000-$150,000 USD.
Various factors contribute to determining the actual base compensation offered, including but not
limited to the applicant's years of relevant experience, career tenure, qualifications, level of
education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, relevant skills for the role.
Base salary is one component of Grandfield & Dodd’s compensation package, which also
includes up to 25% bonus: 25% employer contribution to self-directed retirement account.
Grandfield & Dodd is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color,
ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, ex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected
status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org