- JN -052023-1932170
- May 05, 2023
One of the largest global aerospace, multinational arms, security and defence contractors requires an additional senior company secretarial assistant for their UK-based corporate governance team The role
A fantastic new opportunity has opened up within this business' UK Corporate governance team. This role can be based in London or Farnborough. This role is best suited to someone seeking to gain experience in varying areas (both operational and transactional), who wants to work in a friendly team and values their professional growth and development. The responsibilities Governance
- Draft procedural notes and manual for company secretarial tasks on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain rolling calendars of events and Company Secretarial pipeline
- Provide updated research on new areas of governance and company law.
- Support the Assistant Company Secretary on corporate projects, as required.
- Assisting with the production of the Annual Report.
- Support the collation of ESG data and provide responses to questionnaires such as the Global Reporting Initiative, Cabinet Office Strategic Supplier, Carbon Disclosure Project, Dow Jones Sustainability Index etc.
- Support the Assistant Company Secretary in providing secretarial support to the Banking Committee.
- Support the Assistant Company Secretary in creating and implementing an employee engagement programme, on behalf of the ESG Committee.
- Provide support to subsidiary boards as required, including the collation and dissemination of papers through
- Boardvantage and minute-taking of meetings.
- RNS - issue of standard Stock Exchange announcements, e.g. directors' dealings, major shareholder holdings,
- directorate changes.
- FCA - filing PDMR-associated FCA notifications.
- Maintaining the governance section of the Company's website.
- Support the management of the Company's share registrar, including the payment of dividends, implementation of asset reunification and unclaimed monies programmes, proper purpose requests and shareholder correspondence.
- Maintain accurate records of the Group's share capital.
- Organise provision of the share register analysis and monitor movements on the share register and report as necessary.
Knowledge and Experience
- Dealing with other ad-hoc requirements, including drafting minutes and related documentation and liaising with professional advisors including notaries.
- Support administration of departmental budgets, including raising purchase orders as required.
- Maintain accurate records in line with the Group's document retention policy.
- Prior experience working in a UK-listed company secretariat department is crucial with at least 2 to 4 years of company secretarial experience.
- You will be qualified or, at the very least, part-qualified with the CGI
- Self-motivated, pro-active and always looking to contribute to the department's overall objectives.
- Flexible attitude, able to cope with unexpected and varied demands.
- Highly organised, process driven and has a good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact confidently with people at all levels.
- A good level of IT literacy and a willingness to further develop your understanding of company law, governance and listed company regulation
- Very competitive base salary
- Good pension plan and employer contributions
- Bonus scheme: 10% of annual base salary (discretionary)
To discuss this role further, please send your updated CV to Pippa Campbell (details below) or apply directly to this job advertisement.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.