BestX, CTO and Data Analytics Lead (MD) Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate is a hands-on role architect with deep knowledge of system design, development, analytics and testing.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Represent BestX in various trade and technical forums as acting BestX Chief Technology Officer (CTO) leading a highly motivated, experienced team of technologist managing applications to the highest standards.
- Develop understanding in the area of Transaction Cost Analysis and key benchmarks required for MiFID and MiFIR
- Exhibit superior skills in modern Agile, Cloud-based, Web Development
- Be a proponent of Test-Driven Development always striving to Shift Left so as to facilitate effective CI/CD
- Evaluate opportunities and recommend strategic initiatives as they pertain to existing lines of business, new markets, implementation feasibility, revenue and profitability goals and strategic objectives
- Assess strategic issues, from framing and structuring key questions to crafting and executing analyses; Distill complex information down into clear, actionable insights; Communicate results and findings to senior management
- Evaluate leading providers across the Financial Services and FinTech industries for participation on the platform, spanning mature established firms and promising start-ups
- Work with Business/Product head to develop and manage BestX product roadmap balancing strategic initiatives and ongoing platform technical enhancements and as acting CTO present strategy and roadmaps at various technical forums.
- Participate in improving internal development process in implementing improvements to maximize control, communication, and efficiency
- Lead Development initiatives in assessing viability, risks, and analyzing and building out product requirements
- Developing technical enhancements for TCA and related features on different asset types (FI/FX/Equity/Com/Crypto)
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Adjusts to new, different, or changing requirements. Listens with objectivity and checks for understanding
- Persists despite obstacles and opposition or setbacks. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Displays personal ethics and corporate integrity. Demonstrates a passion for profession and a drive to improve. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Strategic thinker able to independently lead initiatives across functions
- Demonstrated business product strategy expertise with a record of developing and implementing successful product and channel strategies
- Excellent communicator, experienced in presenting to senior leaders and clients; Strong ability to influence and persuade
- At least 15+ years of experience, 10+ preferably in developing financial technology
- Experience in leading and working on TCA product for 5+ years
- Good knowledge and experience with Nodejs in typescript, data modeling and complex database development
- Strong skills with Object Oriented design and code refactoring, cloud infrastructure design and deployment, serverless architecture and AWS Lambda, cloud security and compliance best practices, microservices architecture and Kubernetes
- Results oriented - capacity to prioritize, stay on top and quarterback a wide variety of business initiatives internally within the firm and externally with industry bodies, exchanges, clearing houses and regulators. Often this will require leading from the front and taking the initiative to improve structure, direction and prioritization over the global objective
- Adept at managing multiple projects/initiatives (strong attention to detail and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Previous experience in FX, FI, Commodities, Crypto and Equities
- Experience in leading development of web applications in an Enterprise environment
- Expertise in Financial industry protocols such as FIX
- Expertise in Database such using complex SQL, PLSQL
- Experience on any of the JMS/Messaging tools like Apache ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Message Brokers, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with webservice development (SOAP / REST)
- Experience in AWS Migration of hosted applications
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.