Senior International Equity Analyst
Founded in 1969, Bailard is a values-driven, independent asset and wealth management firm. Built by entrepreneurs and majority employee-owned, the firm attracts and retains talented individuals with intellectual curiosity, a passion for excellence, and a capacity for independent thought by maintaining a high-trust culture that fosters professional growth and personal responsibility.
The Senior International Equity Analyst is a key member of the Bailard research team. This role will perform fundamental equity analysis to support our portfolio managers across our non-U.S. equity strategies. With a global perspective that incorporates political, economic, and financial risks across various markets combined with a strong bottom-up framework, this role will be responsible for evaluation of secular growth trends, identification of new investment opportunities, and development and communication of recommendations. Additional responsibilities include outward facing duties including responding to client requests as needed and development of short thematic investor briefs. The ideal candidate will be a passionate self-starter with a desire and potential to grow into portfolio management responsibility.
- Work with CIO and PM team to build fundamental investment framework to complement existing quantitative methods quantitative methods focused on both country allocation and security selection.
- Perform fundamental investment analysis across ACWI ex-U.S. investment universe.
- Identify and analyze opportunities based on geographic, thematic and sector considerations to derive equity recommendations.
- Work within international equity team and across investment teams to assist in ongoing development of ESG framework.
- Present equity recommendations to the team in both verbal and written formats.
- Collaborate with other team members to publish industry research briefs.
- Interact with consultants, institutional clients as well as internal clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in an international equity investment research role.
- Proven track record in recommending equities or building non-U.S. equity portfolios.
- Strong network of sell-side analyst relationships.
- Excellent team skills that translate into an ability to lead as well as to support the team in all areas of the investment process.
- Ability to leverage highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, financial statements and financial modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of FactSet, and other financial data platforms.
- Must successfully pass a written and verbal exam related to the role which will provided during the course of the interview process.
- CFA designation.
- Masters or Doctorate degree.
Where you’ll be:
- This position is hybrid and will be in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Occasional travel as required by the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Background and Credit check required. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Bailard will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.