At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We create and pursue investment opportunities with determination. We master what we do - and we only do what we master. This is how we get our clients ahead. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and tailor-made investment solutions.
Do you want to be part of the international growth of Vontobel and leverage on your expertise to have an impact on our organization?
The Legal and Compliance teams of Vontobel are composed of subject matter experts with a diverse and international background. We have dedicated specialists for each business division, and we are currently looking for a Senior Compliance Officer, LASA market, with focus on Compliance assessments for client onboardings / reviews, incl. KYC, Due Diligence checks for high-risk clients.
The Senior Compliance Officer in Zurich will be part of the Wealth Management Compliance Lifecycle-Team (with particular focus on Latin America & South Africa Market), which offers development opportunities in a successful and diverse environment. We observe high standards of individual behavior and business conduct and as the second line of defense, we work closely with the business to support best-in-class and sustainable compliance practices within the firm. As a Senior Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for:
The ideal candidate brings:
- Daily Compliance Lifecycle assessments for client onboardings, incl. KYC, Due Diligence checks and contribution to senior management decisions on higher risk cases
- Compliance assessments / inputs to lifecycle (periodic) client reviews, incl. PEP analysis and special requests
- Monitoring of ex ante transactions
- Advisory to the stakeholders in both lines of defense
- Regulatory based actions / reportings and responses
- Trainings to the first line of defense
And the ideal candidate is:
- Robust, pragmatic and solution-oriented risk management mindset
- Strong knowledge of core compliance topics and ability of their application in uncertain environments
- Track record of experience as a Compliance Officer preferably in the area of high-risk clients and markets
- Market knowledge, with particular focus on Latin America & South Africa
- Strong stakeholder management and diplomatic skills (with the business function)
- Proven experience in helping a business function to further develop and finding the most relevant solutions to support sustainable long-term growth, and manage the risk of sensitive client relationships
- Fluency in English and German is a must and Spanish and/or Portuguese an advantage
What we offer:
- A Team player; positive thinking and results and solution oriented
- Self-directed and precise worker with strong conceptional skills
- A reliable and trusted partner
- Able to work in a standalone position with daily interactions with the business function, compliance stakeholders and senior management
- Personal and has professional integrity
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking, methods and with mutual trust
- You would like to develop your skills? We are happy to support you with further trainings/ certifications
- Teamwork is important to us: We exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other at all times - One Vontobel
- Our working culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange in an open space office
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .