Description About this role About the Team
The Client Order Management (COM) Team serves as a central point of contact for our global clients and internal departments who wish to instruct investment changes. We are responsible for receiving, coordinating and facilitating client trade instructions into/from BLK funds including client query management. We support the client through the investment process, from notification to settlement, in close coordination with internal BLK groups and external third parties. We are tasked with ensuring that order placement is accurate and consistent through an optimal and efficient operating model. We utilize Aladdin technology to provide first class client service via emails and telephone, assisting with any ad-hoc client requests.
Having at least 5years proven experience, the COM Associate will be expected to undertake a wide range of functions including order and query management, onboarding, exception management and client support in the digital space. In placing emphasis on risk and quality control, the Associate will chip in to strengthening COM's Client Service Excellence Role standards offering, through challenging and volunteering solutions. In addition to providing flexible support, contribution to projects will also be expected. About the Role Impact
- Able to meet deadlines, functioning optimally and prioritising multiple tasks simultaneously in a multifaceted environment.
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks and assume additional responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, results are accurate and competently prepared.
- Demonstrate a desire to develop skills, working with your team and manager to expand your expertise.
- You are confident in volunteering solutions, provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Deliver a superior client experience via query management and onboarding for clients, consultants and third party administrators.
- Possess a positive 'get the job done' demeanor, displaying a flexible approach to a constantly evolving environment.
- Thrive in a culture of excellence, innovation, communication and accountability, where all members of the team are motivated to go above and beyond, think globally and creatively
- Demonstrate capability to achieve high proficiency in the core systems plus aptitude for learning new applications.
- Actively supply to the success of projects implemented within the team.
- Understand end to end client support processes with the ability to analyze trends in queries to help constantly improve service and client results
- Able to exercise sound judgment and facing off with partners at all levels
- Serve as a contact for clients / agents for communication of investment instructions
- Demonstrated analytical ability, stratgic thinking and judgment in dealing with clients
- Ability to interact confidently with internal partners
- Ability to enlist the support and expertise of others within the team as needed
- Ability to initiate changes with external and internal team members
- Understand, operate within and adhere to internal team and BLK policies/ procedures.
- Demonstrate that processes are followed accurately, methodical and conscientious approach to tasks.
- Understand and be able to articulate the risks associated with responsibilities, suggest approaches to mitigate risk. Raise issues as appropriate at the earliest opportunity.
- Demonstrate the ability to balance client needs with BLK's policies and operational procedures whilst managing expectation of clients
- Take responsibility for completing work, seek ways to improve processes/system
- Have a personal commitment to get the job done, take pride in what you do and how you perform.
- BS/BA in business, finance, accounting, economics, or related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience after graduation and/or equivalent experience in a related field
- Models Service Excellence showing excellent communication through professional telephone/email etiquette and networking skills.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Possess time management and prioritisation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly proficient on industry standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Previous experience in query handling and client servicing a distinct advantage
- Understands and seeks to embody BLK's values
- An investment professional with a strong understanding of investment management operations and your role within BLK's business
- Able to provide and receive feedback constructively
- Flexible and open to accepting new challenges
- Able to work effectively with cross functional teams with diverse approaches and thinking styles.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.