Coverage Banker - Sustainable & Impact Banking
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Coverage Banker - Sustainable & Impact Banking group you will gain a broad understanding of the investment banking business by working on a variety of live transactions, projects and assignments across the industry. Associates participate as full members of teams engaged in projects such as company valuation, strategic advisory and execution of debt and equity offerings.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Playing a key role in financial analysis/ modelling, industry research, coordination of internal and external processes related to a financing or sale
• You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of offering memoranda, proposals, and other written materials
• Building and utilizing excellent understanding of finance and capital markets to understand and meet client needs
• Contributing actively to the origination effort/ Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner
• Providing support to senior bankers in developing and maintaining client relationships, income streams or new business opportunities
• Acting as a mentor and role model to the more junior members of the team
• Liaising with colleagues across the Bank and with external clients and third party advisors
• Developing effective working relationships and to demonstrate an excellent commitment to the Firm's goals and values
What we're looking for:
• Excellent financial analysis skills
• Excellent M&A skills, gained from either a product or sector team
• Proven execution track-record (through previous hands-on experience)
• First class organizational and numeracy skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Interest in the technologies required to deliver to Net Zero/ Energy Transition sector
• Prior experience or knowledge working with companies focused on sustainability or social impact, or working with Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investors
• Working knowledge and prior experience with financial modeling, building, using and operating cash flow projections and credit financial analysis
• Team player with a positive attitude
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.