Are you looking to make an impact in a dynamic and flexible team?
Private Credit is going through significant and exciting growth, and this is an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment supporting the administration of our key systems and processes covering the booking and maintenance of our investment portfolio, reporting and other downstream processes.
This role will provide a fantastic opportunity to learn about asset management, credit products in the Private Market Industry, and to contribute to delivering the innovation that Private Credit is pursuing. How will you contribute?
You will play a key role in enabling the growth of the business by ensuring that we accurately maintain our portfolio of investments on our key systems to enable correct valuation/portfolio reporting, to track/verify that external counterparties are carrying out their obligation to make accurate payments and to identify/address system limitations. As part of this team, your responsibilities will include:
More about you
- Deal Capture in our key valuation system by interpreting Legal documentation; Liaising with the Investment Team to ensure the accuracy of these bookings (Term Loan B, Capex facilities, Bonds, Term Loans, Delayed Draws, Ground Leases, Income Strips etc).
- Maintaining transaction bookings as key events occur such as changes to ratings, payment profiles, assumptions, cash sweeps, prepayments or adding new data.
- Liaising with external counterparties to add market data feeds and curves.
- Working with the broader Fund Management Team to ensure that data is available on a timely basis to ensure that monthly/quarterly client valuation reporting can be accurately and efficiently produced.
- Identifying sources of complexity and implementing technology enabled solutions which are long term and scalable.
- Working with system vendors to troubleshoot problems or system limitations.
- Working with Fund Administrators or other external parties to provide automated/scalable information requests.
- Build partnerships with the transformation team to help uplift and systemise processes, to minimise manual effort and support synergies/efficiencies.
- Over time, becoming a subject matter expert, and working closely with a variety of stakeholders including the investment team and product specialists to understand our systems ability to support new credit products or investments with new features.
- Develop guidance manuals to enable the business to scale in an environment of growing volumes, complexity and expanding geographies.
- The role will have the scope to grow into adjacent areas, such as fund administration and reporting, to assist the Fund Management Team delivering on its commitments to clients and in driving enterprise innovation.
You will be someone who is numeric, methodical and has strong attention to detail, you will be joining the Fund Management Team supporting Private Credit within Macquarie Asset Management.
Ideally you will have:
- Strong numeric ability
- An analytical mindset with a strong attention to detail
- The ability to navigate loan contracts
- The ability to process volume e.g. portfolio amendments
- An interest in learning and understanding new systems
- Prior exposure to debt products and loan administration systems e.g. Loan IQ
- You may already have some experience in financial or business analytics, or a numeric degree, although this is not essential
- You may already have some experience valuing portfolios, although this is not essential
- A willingness to learn and develop within a growing team, and in an innovative, fast changing business
- Data analytical skills such as Power BI would be a plus
In return, we will support you to develop your skills, as well as providing an environment where you will be comfortable in bringing your whole self to work every day. We are proud of our culture of diversity & inclusion and high performance. In line with our entrepreneurial and innovative culture, we adopt agile ways of working and embrace a growth and learning mindset. About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a full-service asset manager, providing investment solutions to clients across a range of capabilities including infrastructure & renewables, real estate, agriculture, transportation finance, private credit, equities, fixed income, multi-asset solutions, wealth management solutions and the Green Investment Group. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future' is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.