Senior Fixed Income Credit Analyst (Muni)
The Senior Fixed Income Credit Analyst job is responsible for creating credit analysis investment theses for individual municipal bonds and sectors while also producing actionable investment recommendations on an ongoing basis. This job performs active surveillance of portfolio holdings to identify trends and mitigate risk. Working under moderate supervision, this job also provides input to the strategy for fixed income investment-related activities for the discretionary centralized bond portfolio management platform.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform credit analysis review of new issue and existing fixed income securities, identifying strengths and risks in a bond’s credit profile, in consultation with management
- Monitor fixed income security holdings for potential changes in credit quality and make recommendations based on credit analysis assessments.
- Produce concise written research, verbally articulate credit strengths and risks to portfolio managers and business partners, and assist fixed income portfolio managers in identifying investment opportunities.
- Carry out duties consistent with the priorities set by management.
- Develop formal reports and processes that enable efficient and transparent oversight of risk exposures.
- Monitor all fixed income security holdings for potential changes in credit quality, and make actionable recommendations regarding buying, selling or holding the securities.
- Generate relative value assessment of securities and sectors, and collaboratively share research recommendations and insights with portfolio managers and credit analysts in implementing investment strategies utilizing these insights.
- Evaluate bond documentation and legal agreements as part of the investment review process.
- Initiate timely opinions on new issue and existing bonds across a variety of market sectors.
- Municipal or tax-exempt credit experience is required for this role. Healthcare sector experience preferred.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work