SUMMARY: This position’s responsibility is to participate as a research analyst within the Utilities/Infrastructure team. The analyst will take ownership of a primary coverage list and actively contribute to the overall investment process. The analyst is expected to work closely with the senior portfolio managers and rest of the Infrastructure team and consistently generate risk-adjusted, excess-return ideas supported by thorough, bottom-up research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently conducts necessary sector and individual security research for applicable product.
- Generates write-ups and valuation models for assigned companies.
- Challenges consensus assumptions with own research findings.
- Makes buy, sell, and hold recommendations.
- Actively communicates with senior portfolio manager and other members of Infrastructure team.
- Maintains relationships and proactively communicates with senior management of covered companies and industry contacts.
- Helps support the generation of marketing and board materials.
- Exchanges complex information effectively to reach agreements in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Performs other duties as required by senior management.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for the position. Other duties may be assigned from time to time by management.
- BA/BS degree and 4+ years of investment experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Applies expertise and knowledge or in-depth experience of several areas within a function.
- Previous work experience in transportation or infrastructure required.
- Advanced degree (MBA and/or CFA designation) preferred.
- Foreign language proficiency/fluency, cultural knowledge and travel experience preferred.
- Proven ability to have delivered consistently strong performance and judgment in the field.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, establish priorities, work independently, handle interruptions and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours, travel globally, attend conferences, and meet with company management.
- Willingness to work in a hybrid work environment (i.e., combination of in-office and remote work).
- Ability to operate a computer and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Lift 25-30 pounds.
Virtus and its affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.