Eagle Property Capital (EPC) along with its affiliates, is a real estate investment firm engaged in the acquisition, ownership, management and disposition of multifamily apartment properties targeting moderate-income households, throughout the Southern United States, on behalf of institutional and private investors. Since 2011, EPC has acquired 39 multifamily residential properties in Florida and Texas containing 9,395 apartments. EPC’s current portfolio consists of 24 properties, with more than 6,400 apartment units.
Culture & Values Positive, dynamic, and team-oriented environment with a focus on the long term. In order to achieve success, the team members must embrace certain core principles and values: service, humility, integrity, loyalty, passion, professionalism, collaboration, teamwork and a drive for achieving/exceeding results.
Job Summary EPC is currently seeking a Portfolio Management Analyst to aid in the successful growth of the current portfolio of 6,400+ value-add multifamily units. The Portfolio Management Analyst position's primary tasks include monitoring the performance of assigned properties to protect and maximize value through daily attention and strategically updating business plans to position the properties to achieve targeted returns. In this hands-on role, the individual will periodically inspect properties to ensure top-tier quality, and ultimately, investment performance. Responsibilities
- Maintain comprehensive oversight of the Company’s assets or assigned properties.
- Monitor and report progress on the implementation of the current business plan, including marketing, leasing, renovation, operational and capital improvement investment strategy for each asset.
- Review monthly operating statements (physical and economic occupancy, collections, operating expenditures, and others) and identify areas of opportunity or concern for asset managers and on-site staff to focus on, including both income and expense items based on budget variances and previously unknown opportunities.
- Closely monitor property-level financial performance benchmarking to budget, underwriting and business plan (e.g. NOI, NOI Margin, capital expenditures, cash flow, IRR, CoC, YoC, etc.
- Create and maintain portfolio management financial models of existing and new assets to support and guide strategic decisions, through extensive financial modeling, cash flow analysis, and the use of valuation methods.
- Periodically report business plan deviations. Update assets’ business plan based on current performance and updated projections. Assist in determining the short and long-term strategies for the Assets.
- Visit assets on a regular basis to oversee the execution of operations and provide feedback on opportunities and areas for improvement regarding property operations.
- Strategically evaluate and make recommendations on any new value add opportunities at each asset to optimize investment returns. Work closely with the asset management team to oversee effective execution of capital and business plans.
- Provide meaningful portfolio-wide and property drill-down reporting in the above areas to monitor asset’s performance.
- Prepare presentation of portfolio performance and KPIs to management as needed and follow up on property-specific issues and deadlines.
- Lead property loan servicing, including monitoring and reporting progress on required repairs, quarterly and annual financial reporting, property inspection coordination and loan covenants analysis.
- Coordinate, oversee and review property-level annual budgets.
- Coordinate and oversee annual insurance renewal process and required inspections.
- Coordinate and oversee property taxes annual appeal and litigation and report progress as needed.
- Provide best practice feedback to the Investment associates to ensure incorporation of lessons learned from ongoing operations of existing deals in the underwriting of new deals.
- Onboard new investments into EPC portfolio management and asset management processes.
- Provide support for the acquisition, financing, asset management, and disposition processes.
- Develop positive working relationships and partnerships both internally and externally
- BA/BS required, preferred in real estate or finance.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in institutional real estate, preferably in asset management and/or acquisitions.
- Strong financial modeling skills, financial statement analysis, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with exceptional attention to detail as well as quality of deliverables.
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions without specific step-by-step instructions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate well internally and externally.
- Must have familiarity with financial statements and in particular operating statements in order to efficiently evaluate site level operations.
- Ability to operate as part of a collaborative team, efficiently managing multiple issues, setting suitable timelines, while being flexible and professional.
- Ability to set personal and project-specific priorities, be highly organized in day-to-day and longer-term planning and execution, and track and maintain complex schedules.
- Highly proficient in English, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, will be tested.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the USA.