Seymour Investment Management is a Vancouver-based asset management firm. Boutique and independent, our disciplined, client-first approach helps clients build and preserve wealth through long-term capital appreciation. Our office is located in the heart of Coal Harbour overlooking the coastal mountains.
We seek a full time Portfolio Management Associate (PMA) to join our dynamic and cohesive team. As a member of the Private Client Team, you will assist the Investment Counsellors in implementing the investment strategy, building relationships, and managing and monitoring the client portfolios on an ongoing basis. For this client facing role, strong interpersonal skills are an asset as is an interest in educating, communicating and fostering relationships with Seymour clients.
You will be joining a cohesive team where culture, fit, and client-first principles guide our decisions. We offer to encourage and mentor someone who aspires to grow into a Portfolio Manager role. We are looking for a dedicated, dynamic, and detail oriented team player, who is looking for a respected and supportive place to call home.
- Pro-actively identify, investigate and resolve client inquiries
- Attend client and prospective client meetings, prepare meeting materials as needed
- Document and maintain a profile for each client to increase and solidify the relationship
- Provide administrative support as a back-up resource for the Portfolio Manager
- Assist in the construction of customized investment strategies, models and proposals, for existing and potential clients
- Implement action plans and pro-actively manage client portfolios to ensure highest level of return and service to the client
- Monitor and rebalance portfolios to ensure they are managed consistently with current IPS and portfolio risk management strategies and policies
Compliance & Risk Management
- Ensure client portfolios are structured and managed within parameters outlined in the IPS
- Maintain accurate and timely client meeting notes to ensure all account documentation and actions taken meet with compliance requirements
Key Traits of Candidate
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of integrity
- Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic about processes and optimization
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Dedicated team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and the ability to adapt
- University Degree (Preferably in Business and/or Economics)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or have progressed to writing the CFA Level II exam (with intention to complete)
- Canadian Investment Management (CIM) designation would be an asset
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation would be an asset
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation would be an asset
- Canadian Securities Course
- Minimum 1-5 years Investment industry experience
- High degree of PC literacy and experience using industry standard software
Who We Are
Seymour Investment Management, established in 2010, is a client-focused investment boutique. We work closely with each client to understand and achieve their individual investment objectives, which may range from capital preservation to cash flow generation. Our unique approach to investment management has enabled us to achieve superior risk-adjusted investment returns for the funds we manage and, ultimately, for our clients.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Interested Candidates please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org