At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots we operate in 13 countries, we specialize in active asset management, wealth management and investment solutions that fit. We invest in people who create opportunities to deliver the client experience of tomorrow.
The Head of Business Risk Management will work directly for the Head of Asset Management and Investments CoE within the unit of Investments & Asset Management (AM/IN) Risk Center of Excellence. The Business Risk team is responsible for the soundness of the 1st LOD ICS to manage non-financial risks (NFR).
- Responsible for leading the Business Risk function, its development, and the delivery of its mandate as the first line of defence for NFR risk management
- Ensure all NFR risk management tools (RCSA, incidents, etc) are used effectively and consistently to steer the risk management across the 1st LOD
- Monitor, review, and report on all operational risk incidents, issues, and action plans, RCSA, risk appetite & KRIs (ensuring performance of root-cause analysis and if corrective measures are required, ensure they are implemented.) to senior management
- Lead the coordination, execution and challenge the results of the annual RCSAs (Risk and Control Self Assessments)
- Develop the key risk indicators across several legal entities and align within the Group
- Provide risk advisory activities including but not limited on control requirement for key risks, materiality of key risks, etc
- Support the timely identification of issues and ensure they are addressed with mitigation plans
- Evolve the risk culture
- Provide training on risk specific topics
- Evolve the business continuity framework and perform business impact analyses
- Monitor and oversee the annual ISAE 3402 process
- Participate in regulatory projects to provide input for the 1st LOD control framework requirements and drive the implementation
- Policy delegate and responsible for the process documentation, including risks and controls, on behalf of AM/IN
- Monitor the risk exposures of key risks in AM/IN
- Maintain and evolve the outsourcing risk framework
- Industry experience: at least 10 -15 years' experience preferably in an asset management or generally in the financial services industry.
- Experience in building up operational risk frameworks in financial services companies
- Deep knowledge on non-financial risk management including but not limited to key risk indicators, risk and control self-assessment, control testing, and control documentation, operational risk handling process
- Deep knowledge of processes across functions such as Investment, Operations, Trading, and Sales activities a strong plus
- ESG risk management know-how is a plus
- IT and BCM risk management experiences are a plus
- Analytical skills to conduct root cause analysis
- Comfortable in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and able to identify and implement control improvements as well as facing clients to support the sales process
- Ability to work cross-functional and across locations with colleagues in the Zürich-based Risk team and stakeholders in other teams and locations.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in leading a collaborative effort.
- University degree in Business, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent.
- Languages: fluent written and spoken communication in English, German is a plus.
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .