Who we are looking for
RFP Team supports State Street's Investment Services, the revenue generation activities within the group. Critical requirement is the technical knowledge and understanding of Investment Servicing products. RFP experience is not required
Working as part of our London team, training and support will be provided on the RFP processes, enabling you to collate and craft response documents, ensuring deadlines and risk excellence standards are met Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship - for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer - across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Request for Proposal Writer you will you will
- RFP Completion (50%)
- Project management of detailed client proposals covering a wide range of products including (but not limited to) global custody; accounting; fund administration; trustee & depositary services; and data & analytics
- Sourcing accurate response content
- Managing the response process from kick-off meeting to dispatch of final response documents, ensuring milestones and deadlines are met
- Drafting, proof-reading, editing and reviewing content (30%)
Working in close cooperation with the Segment Solutions sales teams, product managers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure proposal input is well-written, accurate, balanced, persuasive and timely
What we value
- RFP Database (15%)
Submission of new and updated material to the RFP database
- Projects (5%)
Creative solutions related to continuous-improvement projects
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent written English and the ability to edit and tailor text to ensure accuracy, consistency and readability
- Motivation to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to manage own workload
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact with others to gather information
- Advanced MS Word skills
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Project management experience and the ability to operate in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with investment servicing products (e.g. global custody and fund administration)
- Experience in a sales support and/or RFP role would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of Qvidian would be an advantage
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.