Who we are looking for
Charles River are looking to expand their established Implementation Services Team. The Consultant is responsible for all aspects of implementation for the Charles River IMS. They will need to become a product expert in a short amount of time and remain up-to-date as product and industry changes require. A Consultant needs to manage the competing demands of the clients to whom the he or she is assigned, operating administratively as well as hands-on. In depth training will be provided at our Burlington offices (5 weeks).
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of asset management/business knowledge, business analysis, project experience, relationship management and implementation experience. They will be comfortable running a large and complex implementation project, dealing with all the associated issues, either individually or as part of a larger team. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Consultant - Implementation Services you will be responsible for:
What we value
- Day to day management of an implementation project from a CRD perspective
- Interpreting workflow analysis documents and the conversion of these documents into specifications for CR IMS configuration to ensure Best Practice delivery
- Providing on-going communication and evaluation of project status to the client and Charles River Project Manager
- Providing a single point of contact for a Client during the Implementation project.
- Undertaking the daily execution of the project plan steps
- Ensuring that the Client's needs are understood and documented
- Providing proactive leadership in a Client's utilization of CRD products and services
- Facilitating conference calls & meetings with other consultants and product experts
- Communicating pertinent information on upgrades and major releases
- Managing training and consulting resource requests
- Monitoring and assisting with the issue escalation process
- Responding to additional product requests
- Managing the co-ordination of work undertaken by CRD's representatives in other locations for the implementation
- Maintain a general awareness of industry changes/trends
- The role involves extensive travel and can involve spending up to 5 days per week on a client site within the EMEA region.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Extensive experience in a similar role implementing financial systems.
- Strong Front Office experience (order management, dealing with Fund Managers/Traders)
- Applications experience with Charles River Investment Management System or Equivalent (competitor)
- Good Investment Management and market instrument knowledge - Front Office workflows; Fixed Income/derivatives, Equity, Compliance, IBOR, PMA, Ex-Ante and Ex-Post Risk and Scenario Analysis
- A specific previous area of focus e.g. Risk systems, IBOR, Scenario Analysis is desirable
- Fluency in a second European Language is highly desirable
- University degree - ideally in a Finance or Technology discipline.
About State Street What we do.
- Have superior client facing skills
- Some technical knowledge, ideally SQL
- Experience dealing with users or clients from either a technical or business area
- Comfortable making presentations covering business, technical or sales
- Experience managing/coordinating projects and a demonstrable understanding of the project life-cycle.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers