Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team that includes individuals who have a passion for the markets and who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. BUSINESS SEGMENT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
Equities and FICC: We make markets in and clear client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide. Through our global sales force, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis. THE TEAM
The Commodities Oil & Products trading desk market makes in a variety of energy products as part of a global team. On a day-to-day basis, team members will be expected to price and execute derivatives transactions, stay connected with market events across commodity markets, and work with the wider team to support and build the overall business. THE ROLE
This role will be embedded within the Global Oil Products Trading team and operating in partnership with commercial stakeholders in NY, London, Singapore and Tokyo, you will use analysis of energy market fundamentals and other price drivers to form a market views and influence risk deployment in crude and oil products. Recognized as holding relevant expertise in energy markets and quantitative methods you will provide new insights through innovative analysis, challenge the status quo, and contribute to "competitive edge" strategic thinking.
You will develop networks that stretch cross-geography in order to leverage the full suite of skills and capabilities that reside within our strong multidisciplinary trading team, connecting analysis and information. Job Summary & Responsibilities
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/DEGREE AND FIELD:
- Understand oil market fundamentals and market moves and how they link back to trading and franchise origination activity. Drive original analysis in the team.
- Contribute to trading strategy: Conduct analysis of oil complex to help support/challenge trading positions. Develop new trading opportunities out of analysis and contribute to strategy discussion.
- Supporting senior traders with structuring, pricing and executing derivative transactions and ongoing risk management of positions
- Building and maintaining a fundamental supply and demand balances, and performing in dept research on the markets we cover
- Executing and booking of flow-based trades across commodity products; identifying opportunities for automating execution
- Understanding commodities market fundamentals and trends and communicating information succinctly to salespeople and clients
- Producing commentary ranging from a variety of client e-mails to weekly and monthly strategy performance updates
- Collaborate effectively across regions and oil product lines to create alignment and promote better connectivity.
- Co-develop, maintain and embed a suite of models to quantify fundamentals and link to price.
- Leverage skills and capabilities that reside in oil trading team.
- Grow and embed technical and subject matter expertise across the business and continually develop the Analytics infrastructure
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Familiarity with commodity and financial markets
- Understanding of energy markets and assets
- Experience of delivering tradeable insights from analysis
- Knowledge of advanced statistics, econometrics, data science and AI - Capable using Python and other DS platforms
- Strong academic record with minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or a related discipline
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Ideally 5+ years' experience in the job offered or in a related role, preferable oil & refined product knowledge. This is flexible but you should have suitable suitable experience and therefore confidence to challenge the desk.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity