Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, client advisory, communication, and relationship management skills? We have an excellent new position available within our Firmwide Compensation team for Vice Presidents in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people. FIRMWIDE COMPENSATION
The Compensation Team drives the development and implementation of our compensation philosophy, policies, and practices around the world, supporting our best efforts to attract and retain the best talent available. This function requires liaising with Asset and Wealth Management business as well as other functions like as Controllers, Legal, and Tax and will also involve partnering with other HCM functions, including HCM Business Partners, Employee Relations, Executive Compensation, Equity Compensation, and Global Mobility Services. JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a strategic advisor to Asset and Wealth Management business to design compensation programs and deliver projects in line with firm and divisional strategy
- Lead compensation benchmarking initiatives by working with consultants and HCM peers. Provide key findings to business leadership throughout the year
- Partner with cross-functional HCM teams to advise and structure new hire compensation packages
- Identify continuous improvement and automation opportunities, drive process change, and create efficiencies across the function
- Analyze hiring and attrition trends to understand market movement and advise senior stakeholders on best approaches to attract and retain top talent
- Design of compensation programs and policies, including modeling financial costs and implementation strategies
- Work closely with finance and divisions to manage compensation budgets throughout the year; centrally administer the year-end compensation process for the firm
- Mentor and develop junior team members
- Other duties as assigned
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics or a related field in HR preferred
- 10+ years of relevant work experience required;
- Highly proficient working with and analyzing large sets of data and presenting results that tell a clear and compelling story
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to clients; balances competing deadlines effectively
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and excellent follow-through required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to develop relationships with professionals across several HCM groups, and act as an effective liaison to meet client needs
- Ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis including vLookups, Pivot Tables, and other advanced formulas.
- Thinks multiple steps ahead; prepares for potential problems and escalates issues when appropriate
- Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative, fast-paced, and global team environment
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Salary Range
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $115000-$250000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end. Benefits
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .