Role Title: Banking Reporter Grade: 09 (for internal purposes) Location: London, UK The Role:
Reporter, European Financials news
S&P Global Market Intelligence seeks an experienced reporter with a passion for financial news and journalism to join our European financials news team. The Location:
London The Team:
The European Financials news team includes London-based reporters and editors, as well as journalists in mainland Europe and the Philippines. You will also interact with other members of S&P Global Market Intelligence's wider global news team. You will be surrounded by experienced journalists and analysts committed to accuracy, fairness, timeliness and relevance. It's a fast-paced newsroom environment that is congenial and professional. The Impact:
You will write impactful, insightful stories about the European banking and financial services industries. Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes investment bankers, buy- and sell-side teams, C-suite professionals and regulators. Our massive database of market, regulatory and corporate data offers ample opportunities to enhance and drive our news content.
We comb through regulatory filings, attend top industry events and monitor market trends to bring readers the information they need to know. Our comprehensive and timely news gathering operation, combined with our enterprise journalism, creates a unique news source essential to any sector-focused professional.
In this role, you will help shape our daily content by developing fresh story ideas, delivering sharp, concise copy and building articles that make use of our in-house data sources. You'll cover a range of topics including M&A, capital markets activity and regulation, with a sharp focus on accuracy, and to tight deadlines. You'll also be able to distil complex ideas, and be able to dig into economic/political/technological developments to find connections with the financial sector. The ideal candidate will have industry knowledge, an extensive network of contacts and will love to brainstorm story ideas and thrive on collaboration. What's in it for you:
- Explore a highly rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards
- Utilize our unmatched database of market, regulatory and corporate data to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover
- Grow your source base and industry knowledge by attending conferences and events in the UK and mainland Europe
- Enjoy a competitive benefits package, including annual, performance-driven bonuses and a flexible working culture.
What we're looking for: Basic qualifications and experience:
- Regularly pitch workable story ideas
- Write long-form stories and data-driven analyses, as well as shorter, timely pieces
- Collaborate with in-house data experts to find ways to incorporate data into stories, driving our news beyond the headlines
- Collaborate with Production team to craft creative infographics and visuals
- Attend conferences, further build out your book of contacts/sources, and research topics in your coverage area.
- There are also opportunities for panel moderation, in-house presentations and other initiatives to help build our brand.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Strong writing skills and a strong command of journalistic practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.)
- Several years' experience working in business journalism
- An affinity for analyzing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information
- Effective communication skills: You will need to collaborate with a wide group of team members, some in the same office and some located elsewhere
- Openness to editorial feedback
- A desire to own your coverage and beat other outlets to the big stories
- Native-level (or near-native-level) spoken and written English skills
- Experience covering the European financial sector a big advantage
- Experience working with remote teams
- Fluency in other European languages would be an advantage, especially French, Spanish and Italian
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
285807 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom