INVESTMENT ASSOCIATE - RENEWABLE ENERGY
Location: Remote / Europe
Industry: Offshore Wind / Renewable Energy / Investment / Finance
Salary: Excellent salary package with bonus and benefitsAre you an investment manager with experience working with large scale renewable energy infrastructure, energy generation or offshore assets? Are you a confident decision maker looking to make a difference and elevate your career in the investment sector? Are you looking for challenge working in an entrepreneurial environment?
Turner Lovell is recruiting for an Investment Associate with experience of offshore renewable energy projects to join an ambitious offshore wind and grid developer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to place you at the forefront of decision making with offshore renewable energy projects in the North Sea, Baltic Sea, and USA. You will join a dynamic, geographically diverse team with flat hierarchy structure, excellent career progression opportunities, and chance to make a difference in the growth of their project portfolio from financial perspective.
The ideal person will have experience having worked for an investment bank, lending advisor, consultancy or corporate finance team of renewable energy developer building large scale renewable energy infrastructure, energy generation or offshore assets.
This person will report to the Head of Finance and work closely with Senior Management, M&A project management and the Group's M&A teams.Responsibilities:
- Lead the process of quantitative analyses for project opportunities including CAPEX, revenue, costs.
- Assess the commercial opportunity based on the quantitative analyses and financial models.
- Determine the valuation of project opportunities, risks, and outcomes.
- Preparation and execution of financial due diligences for project opportunities.
- Navigate the bidding processes, M&A and structuring activity in the US and EU.
- Lead the creation and negotiation of transactions and legal documents such as MOUs, share purchase and shareholders' agreements.
- Internal and External stakeholder management
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Identify new investment opportunities with the business development team and the Group departments with investment strategy executions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in private equity, corporate finance, M&A, or strategy consulting.
- Previous experience in offshore wind, electricity transmission or similar infrastructure projects
- Strong experience with complex buy-side investment decisions & calculations.
- Previous complex financial modelling experience is ideal.
- Prior experience drafting legal and transaction documentation.
- Strong experience assessing legal and financial risks to guarantee win-win outcomes.
- Excellent communicator and presentation skills, able to speak with senior executives.
- Strong eye for details, assuring high quality and accuracy under high pressure.
- Personable, adaptable, collaborative, confident decision maker, entrepreneurial personality
- Willing to travel abroad for international assignments depending on the business development or projects' needs.
If you have the drive and confidence making investment decisions for large scale projects, passion for offshore wind and a desire to make a difference in an ambitious developer environment, please apply.