What can you expect?
As a member of the Investments team at Mercer based in India, you will play a crucial role in providing comprehensive analysis and research support throughout the entire investment decision-making, risk management, and investment monitoring process. Your primary responsibilities will involve assisting with a range of institutional investing activities across different geographies, including collecting and analyzing data, researching investment strategies, portfolio construction and performance analytics reports.
In this role, you will work closely with the Investment Consultants to deliver high-quality research and analysis to support their client engagements. Your ability to gather and analyze complex investment data, synthesize insights, and communicate findings will be critical to the success of the team and the clients we serve.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a passion for investments, strong analytical skills, and a desire to work in a dynamic, collaborative team environment.
What is in it for you?
- At Mercer, we’re as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. To help you reach your full potential, we offer a culture, benefits and resources that support your wellbeing and career development.
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest and most energetic people in the industry, who will nurture, challenge and enable you.
- A dynamic, collaborative and inclusive culture, where diversity is embraced – and you are celebrated and appreciated for who you are.
- A huge variety of virtual learning and development resources to support your personal and professional growth.
- Competitive rewards supporting your financial wellbeing, including compensation, retirement savings, stock purchase plan, and more.
- Offerings geared at your overall wellness, including comprehensive medical benefits, dental, vision, and fitness benefits, as well as life insurance and child and elder care programs.
- Paid time off, medical insurance, personal accident insurance, group term life insurance from the day you join us
- Shared Transport (Provided the address falls in service zone)
- Financial Assistance for Professional Certifications like CFA, CAIA, CIPM
We will count on you for:
As a Subject Matter Expert:
Developing asset allocation solutions for institutional clients based on the Investment Policy Statement while incorporating the asset class views of the organization’s Strategic Research Group
Preparing Portfolio evaluation reports (DC, DB, OCIO, Endowment and Foundation) on monthly/quarterly basis detailing the market performance, investment results, style exposures and recommendations for portfolio rebalancing
Preparing quarterly manager commentary by assessing the performance of fund/investment strategies and linking the performance with market/economic developments and the investment process of the asset managers
Making recommendations to clients basis the manager search and selection for various investment strategies – US and Global Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, Inflation, Real Estate, and ESG which involves assessment of strategies on various factors such as the investment team, investment process, risk management, factor/style exposures (using Style Analytics), and fees
Review and amend investment policy statements
Write research papers on macro/micro economic environment and Investment industry trends
Providing research support on client requests including ESG, Style Analysis, Asset Class Trends
As a Service Delivery Manager:
Lead and manage end-to-end operations and ensure the seamless delivery of reports/projects
Project management, work allocation, real-time capacity management, peer review, training and development of team members
Liaison with stakeholders to build relationship for service delivery management
Play anchor role for all strategic projects and provide directions to the team
Prepare and manage KPIs and handle escalations
Participate in defining strategic priorities for the business
Focus on new capability development and branding imperatives
Lead efforts for people engagement, knowledge development initiatives for the team, and ensure adherence to compliance policy and organizational imperatives
Driving Process Improvement Initiatives and delivering results in line with Business Priorities
What you need to have:
Relevant Bachelor's or Master's degree in finance or economics with demonstrated academic achievement
Previous experience in asset management or financial services, preferably across multiple asset classes and investment disciplines; at least
Proficient understanding of Wealth Management, Investment Management industry and asset classes (equity, fixed income, and alternatives)
Minimum experience of at least 8 years in the financial services industry
Ability to understand the link between data, client needs and its application to the "bigger picture"
Proven organizational and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of influencing diverse audiences.
High level of self-motivation, ownership, initiative, and exceptional attention to detail.
Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, business communication, and time management skills.
Leadership skills with the ability to manage diverse teams.
Strong logical and analytical skills with attention to details
Demonstrated high level of self-motivation, ownership, and initiative
Working knowledge of MS Office and third-party tools such as Bloomberg, Morning Star, and Lipper.
Progress towards professional certification such as CFA, CAIA, CIPM
What makes you stand out?
- Domain expertise relevant to wealth management/investment advisory/consulting
- Willing to learn and a strong team player with a collaborative approach
- Effective team management skills
- Good analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Mercer, we are a global force of around 25000+ unique individuals working together to make a difference in the lives of more than 115 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth and careers.
We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — For more than 80 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions; Be it designing affordable health plans, or assuring income for retirement, or aligning workers with workforce needs, we’ve been united in our mission of enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well.