S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role:
The Senior Editor/Editor, Steel & Scrap, will be responsible for market reporting on one or more specific metals and mineral markets covered by the Asia Metals team. The market reporter will be adept at gathering and testing price information and obtaining an understanding of supply-demand fundamentals from speaking with primary market participants daily. They will also conduct price assessments based on established methodology, lead projects related to its development, and will be a prolific self-starter in the generation of market commentaries, news and in-depth analysis pieces, collaborating with others as needed. They will also play a key role in engaging and nurture relationships with key market participants in Asia, and in communicating methodology and market updates externally. Based in Singapore, the successful candidate will work most closely with team members there and in Gurgaon, India as part of a global team. The Impact:
The successful candidate will be in a position to shape coverage of markets that underpin industrialization and that are adapting to changing environmental regulations in one of the world's most dynamic growth regions. As the industry evolves toward more sophisticated pricing mechanisms, you will also witness and be reporting at the frontline of these changes. The Career Opportunity:
The candidate will work in an organization with a people-oriented culture and that has a global reach in terms of its coverage and established price assessment methodology. The Metals Pricing team offers exposure to a range of markets like steel, its raw materials and nonferrous and battery metals, and an in-depth understanding of Asian steel and scrap. As a market reporter, you will embark on the next steps in becoming an expert and go-to person in the markets you cover. Grade /Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location :
Singapore What we're looking for:
S&P Global deliver s essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience in metals or commodity markets in a reporting or analytical role
- Ability to produce high quality content to requirements in terms of price assessments, market commentaries and news stories, on a daily basis
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to acquire skills needed to deliver high quality presentations, including to an external audience, explaining price assessment methodology and providing market updates
- Desire to take ownership of a market in informational and source relationship terms
- Strong command of written and spoken English; proficiency of other Asian languages a plus
- Energy, drive and ambition to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical thinking abilities, strong sense of initiative and attention to detail
- Conscientious user of Excel
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
282732 Posted On: