S&P Global Ratings Rating Analyst or Associate, EMEA Utilities The Team:
S&P Global Ratings is seeking a candidate to join its Global Infrastructure Finance team in London as a Rating Analyst or Associate. The EMEA Utilities Team comprises 16 analysts across several offices in Europe and this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate with strong analytical capabilities to work as part of an international team. What's in it for you:
You will join the market leading ratings franchise in a practice of pivotal strategic importance to the group at a time where Global Infrastructure investments are on the rise and when energy transition and ESG considerations are transforming the Utilities sector. You will gain an understanding of S&P Global rating methodology, policies and procedures as well as knowledge of qualitative aspects of Infrastructure Ratings analysis. The successful candidate will be supported with on the job and formal training, which includes two levels of internal certification per discipline. Responsibilities:
The job entails performing and overseeing ad hoc and ongoing database and research projects and external data requests as well as the surveillance of a number of issuers. You will assist analysts in updating reports and preparing for meetings or internal committees and have the opportunity to collaborate with other professionals in our various international offices. You will also have the opportunity of following a small portfolio of companies as a primary analyst. Additional responsibilities include:
What We're Looking For:
- Support the team surveillance work, especially in the U.K.
- Perform credit analysis demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P Global Ratings criteria.
- Be able to model a company future cash flow generation.
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P Global Ratings credit portal and other media (such as rating trends reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
- Support the team in its day to day activities, notably data gathering activities.
- Share specific analytical expertise, any useful know how, and ideas to improve group operations.
- Maintain integrity of analytical or compliance related databases as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
This is a key role supporting our infrastructure analysts and will give the successful candidate the opportunity to embrace a fast learning analytical job in an international working environment. Qualifications/Experience:
Return to Work
- Work experience gained in an audit firm, bank or demonstrable experience with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution or an audit company, or rating agency, working in the field of bank credit analysis. At S&P Global for a role at Rating Analyst level we would typically look for around 1-2 years of experience in credit analysis and at Associate level typically around 3-4 years of experience in credit analysis.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant business related field. A relevant Master's degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Utilities or regulated sector would be desirable. Being curious and interested in energy transition is a must.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Be proficient at working with financial models.
- Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential.
- Fluency in a Western or Eastern European language would be desirable.
- Be willing to travel.
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Grade Level:
9 or 11(for internal purposes) Location:
London or Dublin S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
284524 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom