First Trust currently have over $100 Billion in managed and supervised assets and are one of the most innovative ETF managers in the United States. They aim to replicate their success in the US and grow their smart beta, and technology-focused thematic investment strategies in the UK and European markets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, with a highly differentiated and innovative product range, for a business with a track record of success.
Work with senior sales staff to execute the sales development plan with focus on the market in Northern Europe and the UK.
- Lead generation - Identify and contact prospective clients through cold calls, email, and social, with the aim of developing relationships and booking meetings for senior sales staff. You will be expected to make a minimum number of outbound sales calls per day.
- Meeting scheduling - Maintain, coordinate, and fill senior staff's meeting schedule, with focus on efficiency/time management.
- Management of the client relationship management system - update with interaction notes and track prospects through the full sales life cycle.
- Build trust with clients through ongoing communication, utilising First Trust internal resources (market commentaries, webcasts etc.) and relevant information gathered to help in developing the best solution for the client's unique situation.
- Respond to and manage inbound requests including requests for information, portfolio analysis, fund comparisons etc.
- Co-ordinate and drive attendance to roadshows and marketing events.
- Acquire market intelligence by keeping up to date with market news, industry trends, and our client's needs.
- Acquire product knowledge by keeping up to date with internal resources such as white papers, fund analysis reports and commentaries.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a willingness to learn and the positivity and persistence needed to succeed within a competitive sales environment.
You must be able to connect and foster openness over the phone to build trust and gain information needed to propose suitable solutions to client needs. To accomplish this, you will need to communicate in a highly relevant, compelling, and differentiated manner.
An authentic curiosity is needed to deeply understand client needs, and to build and maintain long term relationships. We expect you to become highly passionate about our product range.
Demonstrable success in a competitive sales environment is necessary. Industry experience is not essential, though deep curiosity, a willingness to learn, and the drive to succeed are required to be successful.
Ideally, you will be degree educated or have highly relevant practical experience.