This position is with highly entrepreneurial firm who have disrupted the Private Wealth Asset manager space by utilising technology and data in innovative ways. In the last couple of years this firm have grown their client and asset base and are looking to continue to grow their team as a result. More details on request, but it should be stressed that there are several differentiating factors this firm have compared to their competition in what is a crowded market. One differentiating factor is the sheer level of their success which has been driven by an exceptionally high calibre team, and an extremely positive work environment and team spirit. Perhaps best described as having the culture of a FinTech start up whilst delivering institutional level service to sophisticated UHNW and HNW investors. We have placed around 20 people with this firm in the last few years so have a strong understanding of the culture, team and work as a result. They have significant momentum behind their growth but are still at a stage where people are able to play vital roles in their growth. We are more than happy to go into significant amounts of details with relevant candidates who are inquisitive but not yet certain of moving into a FinTech.
They are looking for well-rounded people that combine strong technical skillsets with a genuine entrepreneurial drive and desire. Anyone who can demonstrate an experience of applied financial modelling, along with strong communication and commercial skills, will be considered. Candidates with experience within the Private Wealth space e.g. as a Junior Financial Planner or Paraplanner, looking to move into a more sophisticated team with greater career opportunities could be good fits. As with any role with a small, growing firm, this position will be broad in scope and there will be significant chances to take on responsibilities. Some key aspects of this role will include:
- Assisting in preparation of periodic client portfolio reports, covering performance, exposures, and transactions in detail, and drive development of automated reporting system.
- Conduct financial planning analysis for client portfolios and suggest investment actions that will best align the client's portfolio with its objectives.
- Producing analyses for multi-asset class client portfolios, covering key exposures, including market betas, liquidity, currency, and geography.
Whilst our client is prioritising the person over the CV, the ideal skill set would look like the following:
- Strong academic background
- 1-3 years' experience in a role that includes financial modelling
- Exposure to Wealth Management e.g., financial planning for private clients is advantageous but not essential
- Strong understanding (or interest in) of the private banking and asset management market
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Inquisitive character with demonstrated desire to continue to learn and improve in relevant fields
- Independent thinker
- Understanding of portfolio construction and asset allocation
- No ego
- Applied knowledge of financial theories and investment solutions.
Due to demand, we are advertising this role anonymously. If you would prefer to speak to someone before submitting a CV, please send a blank application to the role and someone will be in touch to discuss.
We can only respond to highly qualified candidates.