Associate - Accounts Payable & Receivable
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures payment of bills and invoices are in accordance with established methods and procedures to reduce any discrepancies in accounting records.
- Processes, analyzes, and maintains accurate records of all accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions and confirms purchase approvals.
- Analyzes the reconciliation of account balances and payable ledgers to identify improper charges and eliminate any invoice and payment discrepancies.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing and payment of invoices, expense vouchers, computing discounts, coding expenses, receiving and posting cash receipts, reconciling outstanding account balances, posting entries, and the maintenance of accurate accounting records.
- Receives and posts cash receipts and reconciles outstanding account balances to maintain accurate accounting records.
- Updates or recommends improvements to internal processes for effectiveness of the organization.
- Organizes the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, aiming at guaranteeing that payments and collections are made within the agreed terms and in conformity to company’s procedures.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Overview of the Role: The Billing Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the corporate invoicing and fund recoverable processes, maintaining complete and accurate accounting records, assist in system maintenance and automation, and assisting in financial control, including month-end and year-end close processes.
Key responsibilities will include:
Invoicing & Debtors
- Assist with the monthly revenue invoicing process, including liaising with fund teams and monitoring changes in fund AUM and management agreements;
- Work with the VAT team to ensure invoices all reflect the correct VAT treatment and ensure they sign-off on any new fees before they are raised.
- Ensure all revenue invoices are processed in a timely manner, including the preparation of invoice journals, for upload into the General Ledger system, on a weekly basis for review by the Revenue Billing Manager;
- Monitor the receivables ledger and assist with chasing outstanding debtors including liaising with fund and accounts payable teams; and
- Liaise with the cash team to ensure invoice payments are correctly matched with outstanding invoices.
- Maintaining up to date accounts within Advantage, including the set-up of new billing entities, for review by the Revenue Billing Manager.
- Prepare the monthly debtors pack for review by the Revenue Billing Manager.
Fund Recoverable Costs
- Assist with the monthly collation and review of recoverable costs, including liaising with fund teams to confirm recoverability and providing additional information where required;
- Raising invoices for all recoverable costs and working with the fund teams to ensure timely settlement;
- Ensure recoverable balances are correctly reflected in the General Ledger; and
- Prepare the monthly Receivables pack for review by the Revenue Billing Manager.
- Weekly reconciliations of invoice payments posted into CODA and reviews of the revenue invoices uploaded.
- Assist with the month-end reporting procedures, including the preparation of revenue accruals;
- Assist the group finance team with monthly balance sheet reconciliations as and when required; and
- Work with the wider Corporate Finance team to deliver an efficient year-end audit process, including assisting with the preparation of audit files and liaising with the audit team to clear any queries raised.
- Strong communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated;
- Attention to detail and well organized.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in using Advantage and Coda would be helpful, but not essential;
- Act in line with Nuveen’s Values.