Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluates financial models that analyze monthly financial results in order to identify drivers and explain key variances.
- Reviews forecasts and modeling and ensures that results are timely and accurate.
- Reviews re-forecasting activities and updating/evolving forecast models for accuracy and completeness.
- Participates in general ledger journal entry posting activities during the closing process to help ensure that financial statements are accurate.
- Designs ad hoc departmental reports that analyze departmental financial results versus budget/forecasts.
- Inspects financial reports and presentations for management that inform business and financial decisions.
- Provides feedback, guidance, and direction to accountants that will enable them to perform their job requirements as directed by the department.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 5+ Years Required; 7+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Position Summary: The position supports lines of businesses or/ and corporate support areas or/ and expense line areas. This position provides support to business leaders/ expense line owners and Management Team on management reporting, future focused analytics, predictive modeling capabilities and problem-solving support to help drive our businesses financial planning, budgeting and forecasting requirements; and supports the CFP&A team to achieve accurate allocation of expense alignment to Management Lines and Legal Entities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct detailed review of financial reports prepared for management and the development of annual budget and strategic plans/ forecasts
- Excellent presentation & story telling skills.
- Extensive utilization of Hyperion/ EPBCS for planning & expense reporting.
- Month end close checks including accruals and performing reconciliations.
- Preparation of management decks & reports.
- Conducts trend analysis relating to spending patterns to prepare strategic and tactical recommendations for achieving quarterly/annual performance.
- Evaluates existing reports on an ongoing basis and manages the development of new reports in response to changing reporting requirements.
- Develop models / tools for early identification of financial trends and drivers for use across business segments.
- Good team player - coordination of activities within the function with responsibility for achieving results.
- Should take ownership of his responsibility.
- Should be flexible enough to accommodate additional responsibilities.
- Manages budgeting, forecasting, analysis and reporting activities for the business/ expense areas.
- Monitors budgets and ensures that they are aligned with business objectives and plans.
- Ensures management has accurate information and intelligence to make informed decisions.
- Leads ongoing development of underlying data management systems and reporting tools.
- Oversees the production of reports analyzing measurements to evaluate the business unit performance.
Nature of Impact -
- Develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with key business partners to enable effective development of budgets, operations and planning, and forecast development.
- Networks with the area Leadership Team to provide key analysis and data for business decision making.
- Regularly interacts with executives, peers and business unit managers. Interactions frequently involve special skills such as negotiating with management, attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of importance to the organization or presenting budgets, forecasts or other relevant data.
- Confers with executives, peers and other managers to discuss business activities relative to process, timing, policies, procedures, and management reports to resolve problems and recommend solutions.
Area of Impact: The position plays a key role supporting the long term growth strategy of our company and ensures we have the proper service that supports this vision. The number of executives the position faces off with requires a distinct skill set. Makes decisions that have medium to high impact to the organization. Erroneous decisions will have a material impact on the overall success of the business unit’s operations, which may result in economic loss.
- Analytical skills are required to pull business relevant commentary from the financial data.
- Must have the ability to problem solve medium to high complex situations to provide relevant financial advice to the business unit.
- Able to assess financial risks and opportunities impacting the business.
The position requires a strong foundation of Finance and Accounting coupled with experience supporting a particular business or support function. This knowledge is used in the preparation of budgets and recommendations to executive management as well as identifying and making recommendations to senior management regarding the areas of concern and actions required to meet financial commitments. The technical and business capacity must merge together to manage the what-if scenarios and modeling capabilities used supporting this diverse set of stakeholders.
Business or Industry Expertise:
- The position requires a strong foundation of general financial services industries.
- Working knowledge across the business lines and industry are critical when facing off with senior leadership in an advisory capacity and providing the analytics to support decision making.
- Aligning the vision outlined by our senior leaders, and the strategic direction of decisions to get the enterprise there is fundamental to this position.
Interactions / Interpersonal Skills:
- Manages the preparation of strategic plans for senior management.
- Presents budgets and recommendations to the business unit leadership.
- Identifies and makes recommendations to business unit leadership regarding the areas of concern and actions required to meet financial commitments.
- Develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with key business partners to enable effective development of budgets, operations and product planning, and forecast development.
- Networks with the business unit leadership team to provide key analysis and data for business decision making.
- Regularly interacts with key business partners, peers and business unit leaders. Interactions frequently involve special skills such as negotiating with management, attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of importance to the organization or presenting budgets, forecasts or other relevant data.