Analyst - Finance Control
The Tax Accountant I is responsible financial reporting, review of finance data, results, analysis and research of tax treatment, knowledge of operations and transactions, gathering of data as well as reviewing tax filing to ensure essential tasks are completed before the next quarter commences.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists with the preparation of appropriate tax forms and instruments for filing with federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Helps with filing tax payments on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Assists reviewing financial statements, expenses and previous tax returns to contribute recommendations for completing future returns.
- Applies knowledge of tax regulations to complete the complex accounting and reporting tasks.
- Shares knowledge and experience internally to the organization's business functions when requested for proposal of RFP (request for proposal) responses or other tax-related topics.
- Supports reviewing various tax issues that impact the company and drafts memos to document positions on said issues.
- Seeks advice from senior management regarding challenging tax circumstances and other problems that require a more complex understanding of tax.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- No Experience Required
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Looking for Chartered Accountant /Semi Qualified with experience of 3 to 5 years for profile of Analyst / Senior Analyst - Indirect/Direct Tax based in Head office at Powai. Below is the job role and responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Tax Returns - Responsible for preparation and filing tax returns for company (TDS return, Tax Payments, Corporate Tax returns and GST returns)
- Maintain and filing Tax Record and document
- Issuance of Tax Certificate
- Generation of TDS and TCS certificates
- Manage monthly working for tax provisioning (current tax and deferred tax); including periodic advance tax workings.
- Tax and TP Assessments/Audits – Assist in preparing and collating require information, documents etc for submissions before tax authorities for tax assessments/ audits/SCNs (Corporate tax and GST)
- Transfer Pricing (TP) - Responsible to collect required documents in connection with preparation of TP Study Report.
- Collaborate and align with Finance Teams to support business
- Co-ordinate with Tax Auditors and Tax Advisors
- To handle regular coordination with consultants on various tax matters as well as responsible for preparation of various Tax MIS on monthly basis
- Be a self-learner with the changing tax laws impacting business and prepare Tax Updates (Corporate Tax and GST).
- CA/ semi qualified CA/ Graduate
- Between 3 to 5 years of professional experience in managing taxes function.
- Experience in GST matters and use of tax technology tools will be an added advantage.
- Software skills (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.).
- Should be technically strong with Direct/Indirect tax.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
- Independent worker who can work well with minimal supervision.