Vestcor Inc. has an opening for an Investment Associate. This is a one-year term position, extendible for an additional year.
This position is an opportunity for an individual contemplating a career in Investment Management to be exposed to the day-to-day activities involved in the active management of a multi-asset class investment portfolio
Located in Fredericton, Vestcor is the largest investment manager in Atlantic Canada providing global investment management services to ten different client groups representing approximately $21.0 billion in assets under management. We also provide administration services to eleven pension plans and four employee benefit plans.
The selected candidate will work with and be accountable for providing support to the Fixed Income team as well as executing of Foreign exchange transactions and providing administrative assistance.
- Monitor the Corporations Foreign exchange needs and execute trades when necessary to fulfill requirements.
- Provide administrative support and trade entry for the Fixed Income team.
- Participate in market related discussions in an effort to gain and share knowledge.
- Perform other duties as required by the Fixed Income team or as needed to help support other areas/teams at Vestcor.
- Post-Secondary Business degree with awareness of the capital markets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Excellent work ethic, focus, drive, and energy.
- Strong fundamental and analytical skills.
- Comfort within a highly computerized environment, and a strong knowledge level in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis in Excel.
- Currently enrolled in, or plan on enrolling in the CFA program.
- Ability to execute ideas and projects through to completion with strong attention to details.
- Demonstrates an interest in the Fixed Income side of Financial markets.
- Able to perform well in a team-oriented environment.
Vestcor supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Interested applicants must forward their cover letter and resume by May 18, 2023 to:
Manager Human Resources
400 – 140 Carleton St.
Fredericton, NB E3B 3T4
Or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org