Trading Controls Programme PMO
As a Barclays Trading Controls Programme Project Management Office (PMO), you will be joining Markets Change Execution team within Chief Operating Office area. In your new role, you will be instrumental in implementing and managing Execution Risk effectively. You will also be responsible in delivering on our Group strategy, satisfying all our stakeholders, and delivering our initiatives consistently and transparently. Lastly, you will ensure initiative delivery is managed in line with the relevant Policies and Standards.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Maintaining and managing initiative documentation, facilitating key governance forums
• Reinforcing the accountabilities of key stakeholders, helping to ensure that decisions are made by the right people and based on the right information
• Ensuring that the Accountable Executive and other key stakeholders/forums (e.g., Project or Programme Forum, Portfolio Governance Board)
• Safeguarding effective change control processes, ensuring the business case is updated and managed through appropriate governance
• Supporting the Programme and/or Project Managers in determining, monitoring, and managing workforce and financial requirements
• Drawing insights from available information to inform daily delivery - such as challenging progress, prioritisation of resources or stop/start/continue decisions
• Supporting the Programme and/or Project Managers in assessing the risks from the change, including the tracking of thematic issues, early identification of RAIDs
• Collaborating with Project and/or Programme Manager, using their experience and insight to help challenge efficiency to maintain a focus on delivering outcomes
What we're looking for:
• Project management/PMO and governance experience
• Proficient in full Office suite (incl. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to master and navigate new subject domains quickly
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Technical or business academic credentials is preferred
• Professional qualifications (e.g., CFA, FRM or Project Management methodology)
• Experience of Programme Manager Tools (e.g., Navigator)
• Financial product & business process knowledge and understanding
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.