Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team. In this role you will:
- Identifying, structuring, negotiating, underwriting new Mortgage opportunities and/or
- Offering exceptional Mortgage solutions for the complex and large credit needs of UHNWIUHWNIs and/or
- Providing specialised expertise and advisory for a Mortgage product and its related deals
- Assisting the Front to dynamically offer Mortgages (within the strategic Mortgage positioning) by developing coaching, tools and support materials
Impact on the Business
- Ensure the optimal delivery of our Mortgage products and capabilities to UHWNI, in both a direct client facing capacity or in co-ordination with RMs, Credit Advisory Specialists and Credit Advisors as appropriate to the client requirements and level of complexity and/or
- Be the point of reference for Mortgages in either an advisory function or transactional role to assist RMs, Credit Advisory Specialists and Credit Advisors
- Trains/coaches and advises RMs, Credit Advisory Specialists and Credit Advisors on Mortgage products and/or in the area of identifying Mortgage opportunities and marketing Mortgage products and solutions to the UHNWIUHNWI
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provide good customer service at all times to both internal and external clients. Meeting with UHNWI relationships / key clients for delivering large complex Mortgages and/or Mortgage product expertise
- Proactively identify and develop new Mortgage business opportunities for new and existing clients
- Adherence to all regulatory and HSBC Group controls in line with published guidelines
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Risk assessment and Mortgage credit structure recommendation
- Monitoring the adherence to published guidelines including the implementation of any changes in GPB Credit risk appetite.
- Balance objectives of client and risk management
- Change debt structure/risk ratings in response to changes in risk
- Minimise operational losses arising from incorrect inputs
- Monitor the evolution of the various real estate markets and change in the regulatory framework;
- Provide input and assistance to the credit advisors as and when required for the monitoring of the Mortgages;
- Delivery of tailor madeUHNWI Mortgage solutions
- Excellent knowledge of Mortgage products to advise RMs, Credit Advisory Specialists and Credit Advisors and sophisticated clients
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the RM teams, the other PB Credit / Risk functions and colleagues in CMB and GBM and originate new Mortgages opportunities;
- Work as a partner with the Risk team to get credit deals approved and supervise with the legal team the documentation process until drawdown of the facility
- Ability to quickly assess and understand changes in client preferences, client appetite, as well as industry and competitor dynamics vis-à-vis Mortgage products and solutions
- When considering to do a Mortgage in a new jurisdiction, doing thorough due diligence on the local market and regulatory/legal framework;
- Implement Mortgage product marketing strategies and provide sound financial advice and risk management
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- In partnership with the RM teams, Credit Advisory Specialists and Credit Advisors, provide a highly professional, competent and skilled service
- The jobholder is required to adopt a proactive and enquiring approach to all tasks. They should have the ability to work with little or no supervision and to work well under pressure and to the required deadlines.
- To use initiative and knowledge to deal with ad hoc requests as they arise and have the ability to see them through to a successful conclusion
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Around 5 to 10 years in a similar client facing role;
- Deep knowledge of Swiss commercial and residential mortgages and/or cross border mortgages including without limitation France and the UK;
- Ability to handle the underwriting process from origination to drawdown;
- The following skills are required at the highest levels of excellence: credit analytics, interpersonal skills, portfolio management and risk management
- Completion of formal credit training strongly preferred, including Mortgages
- High quality collaboration, and analytical skills in a team and resultoriented environment;
- Be proactive, solution oriented and able to work in autonomy;
- Highly trained and expert in Mortgage products;
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage relationship manager and client expectations
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills
- University level recommended
- Due to immigration restrictions in Switzerland we will only be able to consider applications from Swiss or EU citizens or from candidates holding a valid Swiss work permit.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
To discover more about HSBC, please check our website: https://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc