An excellent opportunity for a Junior Associate level M&A professional to break into Private Equity, with this leading Africa focused fund. Consistently ranking in the top quartile for performance, the firm offer a wonderful learning and development opportunity, where you will play an important role in the investment team.
The team are highly collaborative with a social, inclusive and friendly culture. The company has a flat structure providing excellent exposure to the Senior Deal Partners. You will be actively involved in all aspects of the investment process, monitoring the portfolio and in marketing the fund.
The company can provide sponsorship and relocation if required. The role will require travel to Africa several times a month.
- Modelling and financial analysis of potential deals and portfolio companies
- Researching the market for investment opportunities and trends, helping source and screen investments, working on all aspects of a transaction and running part of the investment due diligence process
- Undertaking industry research and building a detailed financial model during the commercial due diligence phase that includes a comprehensive valuation
- Collecting and querying of portfolio company monthly management accounts and supporting in the compilation of quarterly and valuation reports
- Providing financial advisory support to Portfolio Company and assisting in the monitoring and management of portfolio companies
- 12 - 24 months M&A experience in a reputable Investment Bank
- Strong financial modelling and strategic analysis skills
- Passionate about Africa and ethical / impact investing
- Excellent verbal and written communication