Core Functions & Responsibilities:
- Identifying and assessing investment opportunities in companies spanning a wide range of industries and across capital structures;
- Performing deal evaluation, due diligence, industry / company analysis and financial modelling, supporting the China investment team in the Sustainable Living space;
- Monitoring market trends and closely tracking existing portfolio assets to support investment / divestment making decisions;
- Constantly developing and renewing industry / sector knowledge as well as macro and regulatory changes;
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with companies, corporate partners and other relevant institutions.
Qualifications & Capabilities:
- Working Experience: 1-2 years of relevant working experience with a top-tier private equity, investment bank, or consulting firm;
- Strong analytical insight and spreadsheet modelling skills, as well as a strong understanding of financial statements to an intermediate level;
- Familiar with use of electronic data sources (e.g. Bloomberg, Factiva, etc);
- Desire to develop / maintain relationships with intermediaries and relevant institutions;
- Good communication, interpersonal & team skills;
- Self-starter with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and to work independently;
- PhD in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, or applied physics is preferred.