Valero is looking for a Manager Investor Relations & Finance to join the Investor Relations and Finance team at the Valero Headquarters in San Antonio, Texas. The Manager Investor Relations & Finance provides analytical support to the IR & Finance Group, Valero’s Management Team and members of the investment community.
This position is highly visible in maintaining and improving Valero’s (VLO) relationship with members of the investment community, which includes holders and potential holders of Valero securities, and industry analysts employed by brokerage firms.
The Manager Investor Relations & Finance daily activities may include:
- Maintains knowledge of developments within industry and capital markets.
- Develops presentations and other material for financial community audiences.
- Maintains and communicates financial models to the investment community.
- Monitors financial models of industry analysts to ensure appropriate valuation.
- Responds to calls and emails requests from financial analysts, stockbrokers, and shareholders; continually aware of the implications of communications.
- Assists with planning, coordinating, and executing road show presentations and meetings with the investment community.
- Assists with quarterly earnings release and the supporting documents.
- Writes and reviews ad hoc press releases to support VLO and VLP transactions.
- Reviews draft analyst reports and financial models.
- Reviews and analyzes debt and equity capital markets.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of Investment Banking experience OR 10+ years of experience within Accounting, Finance and/or Corporate Relations functions required
- CFA or CPA preferred
- Experience using Bloomberg, FactSet or other market data applications required
- Able and willing to travel 25% of the time, as needed, required
- Able and willing to work in-person at the Valero headquarters in San Antonio, TX required