Assistant Manager of Public Equities - Trading
Under the direction of Manager of Public Equities-Trading, the Assistant Manager of Public Equity- Trading will be instrumental in managing, supervising and executing the public equity trading function for the Public Equities team.
The Assistant Manager of Public Equity Trading will be directly involved in the development, oversight, and implementation of policies and procedures required for managing international equity portfolios internally. In order to achieve the team’s objectives, the incumbent will be required to interact with other departments as necessary, representing the interests of the Public Equity team with respect to investment operations, internal audit, systems, infrastructure, and business continuity.
This position will require some travel.
The duties of the Assistant Manager of Public Equities-Trading include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The development and implementation of an overall trading strategy for each of the Systems internally managed public equity portfolios with a focus on controlling transaction costs;
- Develop, enhance and maintain NYSTRS public equity trading platform including the build out of an international capability;
- Capture, measure, analyze and report transaction costs on all of the Systems public equity portfolios — internally and externally managed;
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the Systems Wall Street execution partners on the sell-side, other buy-side desks and key vendors;
- Provide support to the Manager for External Public Equities in the external manager due diligence process as it relates to the trading function and transaction costs of the manager(s) under consideration;
- Assist the internal and external portfolio management teams with portfolio monitoring and review;
- Supervise, develop, mentor and train junior staff