Investment Officer Opportunity
Harbour Trust is seeking an Investment Officer with strong analytic and communications skills to execute investment security trades. The full-time position reports to the SVP & Chief Investment Officer.
Harbour Trust Investment Strategy:
Based on prudent, time-tested principals to generate competitive risk-adjusted investment returns and to help our clients achieve their financial goals. Select individual securities and construct diversified investment portfolios by employing Large-Cap Equity and Investment-Grade Fixed Income styles. Execute tactical portfolio adjustment across our strategic asset allocation spectrum
Responsibilities of the position:
Provide intellectual data required to maintain consistent execution of firm’s investment and cultural philosophies. Apply best practices to ensure accuracy and mitigate risks to HTC and clients. Maintain and build trusting relationships by satisfying internal and external client service requirements with care and integrity. Represent the Company with great professionalism
Duties of the Position:
- Executes (most) investment processes including securities trading for the firm’s stocks, bonds, mutual funds and stock options.
- Rebalances ETF Model accounts on a quarterly basis, invests new cash in ETF accounts monthly and raises cash for distributions in small portfolios.
- Maintains relationships with institutional brokers and collaborates with Operations Division to resolve settlement issues.
- Coordinates bond maturity reinvestments with Advisors, recommends securities for reinvestment and stages bonds for purchase into the trading platform.
- Performs investment reviews for trust, investment management and institutional accounts.
- Assists Portfolio Managers with account onboarding activities and financial plans.
- Supports the department’s functions administratively by preparing research and reports for client and committee meetings.
- Develops investment proposals based on the individual client’s financial goals.
- Monitors global macro-economic conditions and financial market trends and analyze the potential impact on Company investment strategy and client investment portfolios.
- Monitors fundamentals of the Company’s Equity and Fixed Income positions Participates on the Investment Committee, making asset allocation strategy and individual asset selection recommendations for the company.
- Complies with legal and regulatory requirements and Company policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance.
- 2-5 years’ experience as an Investment Trader/Officer in a banking or securities industry preferred.
- Knowledge of investment security characteristics.
- Familiarity with Individual Retirement Account and Investment Management Account investment practices.
- CFA designation/candidate or Series 7 preferred
The Right Candidate possesses:
- Attention to detail is of primary importance.
- Sharp analytic and math skills
- Strong Excel and Adobe skills
- Excellent organizational skills, effectively manages time and priorities.
- Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Openly and respectfully questions colleagues to gain clarity and understanding.
- Must professionally maintain confidential information
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Economics Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs