As a Barclays Negotiator - Master Trading Documentation, you will be drafting, negotiating, and executing various master trading documentation in support of the Barclays Markets business (including but not limited to Rates, Foreign Exchange, Credit, Equities, etc.). In addition to being involved in the negotiation of master trading documentation for the firm's Markets business, the negotiator will also be recognised as a subject matter expert on the ISDA Master Agreements managed by GCS.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Drafting, negotiating and execute capital markets contract documentation with an assigned portfolio of Barclays counterparties
• Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and documentation risk controls and adhere to associated guidelines and procedures
• Maintaining up to date, working knowledge of the products covered and applicable regulations
• Conducting independent legal research and manage relationships with external counsel, where necessary, in accordance with Barclays requirements on external legal spend
• Determining processes that can be improved around data capture, technology, and documentation
• Aiding team members in managing negotiations with clients, including sharing know-how on possible approaches
• Establishing and maintain solid partnerships with relevant internal stakeholders (e.g., Sales, Trading, Credit Risk, Compliance etc.) to ensure seamless completion of requests
• Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent and financial services experience, in legal or as a negotiator
• Comprehensive knowledge of loan linked documentation
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Experience with a financial services firm or law firm
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Qualified lawyer in Scotland, England & Wales or other jurisdiction
• Comprehension of current regulatory requirements affecting investment banks in the derivatives space and familiarity with regulatory project implementation
• Ability to navigate through various IT systems used by the Legal function
• Other language (e.g., Spanish, French or Italian)
Where will you be working?
Barclays Snowhill is at the heart of the professional district and commands a workforce of around 1000. With great transport links to Birmingham Grand Central and Snowhill train stations as well as the local metro. Our office has a dedicated staff coffee shop and deli and break out areas for staff. There is also a presentation theatre for client and staff events. Our office boasts a great working environment as well as opportunities to network across the city.