We are seeking a highly experienced Product Manager to join our Open Account team for Receivables Finance. The successful candidate will lead the charge in driving growth, change and enhancements to our existing receivables product, making it 'easy2bank' for both internal and external clients.
Our client base is Global500 clients and MME clients in Asia, but we want to expand our product to Europe and Americas. The main challenge of the role will be driving new business growth and establishing strong relationship with new stakeholders. The Role Responsibilities Strategy:
Areas of Focus:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with risk, business risk, compliance, and other relevant groups within SCB.
- Partner with global, regional, and country leaders to develop and execute business strategies, solutions, and client-centric offerings.
- Conduct training and workshops for internal stakeholders on Product knowledge and commercialization. Training and up-skilling of TB capabilities throughout the regional stakeholder group and clients.
- Monitor against budgeted revenue forecasts, highlight underperforming products and regions and devise remedial and supportive action.
- Regularly engage with Sales, Coverage, and Operations to strengthen trade product knowledge and plan trade training calendars across the region.
- Key focus on growing our Fortune 500 and Large Multi-National Corporate client base in the Americas and Europe.
- Design and commercialisation of new products and propositions for specific sectors and markets (New Economies & Services sector) for anchors in Europe and Americas.
- Deliver customised solutions to meet clients' needs, leveraging expertise in working capital, securitisation, and underwriting concepts.
- Drive change to product parameters and policies to ensure that we are 'product ready' for complex structures.
- Digitization strategies and execution, including increasing e-penetration rate with Europe on booked and originated client base.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Articulate complex requirements and changes to multiple stakeholders to deliver our growth strategy specifically for large portfolio, securitised receivables finance facilities.
- Ownership of A&C levels per trade product based on budget and forecast for the year to meet asset & contingent growth and utilisation & replacement ratios to achieve business targets.
- Implement competitive and transparent pricing policies and standard pricing guidelines to maximise product profitability and shareholder value.
- Execution of product performance analytics, including production, socialisation, and action derived from analysis.
- Active, demonstrable ownership of end-to-end product life cycle activities through Product Annual Assessment processes.
- Creation of regional feedback loop representing industry, client, regulatory and competitor insight to global centres of excellence within TB, GTO.
- Benchmarking of external capabilities and communication to global teams.
- Communication, training, and pipeline building with Sales on global value-add propositions.
- Support in solutioning and SME support and client engagement for RFP and pre-RFP.
- Create industry value propositions with quantifiable, differentiated benefits and build pipeline and focus.
- Drive global and regional product initiatives for booked and originated perspective, such as
- Export Drive and Value-added Trade Growth Campaigns.
- Ensure trade products in Europe meet the highest standards of risk and conduct-based perspectives for operational, credit, regulatory, FCC, and conduct risks.
About Standard Chartered
- Strong and solid experience in the Banking Industry with expertise in Global Trade Products
- Proven management record in International Trade (Receivables Finance and Structured Trade) with a regional or global Trade Bank.
- Significant Exposure to documentary trade and deal sales is preferable.
- Keen awareness of changes in the market, customer requirements, competitor responses, and the bank's ability to identify new business opportunities.
- Deep understanding of financial regulation impacting International Trade Business, including Basel, Risk Weighted Assets, etc.
- Proven ability to commercialize regulatory requirements internally and towards clients.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence stakeholders across the SCB network.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers