Description About this role
The mission of the Finance Platform Strategies (FPS) team is to ensure optimized operating models within Finance, consistent across our global functional teams as appropriate. Global FPS team members serve as internal change management consultants who apply innovative thinking and knowledge of BlackRock's resources - people, process, data, and technology - to ensure concepts become reality. With a focus on BlackRock's Finance ecosystem, we support strategic initiatives, tactical automation advances and ongoing business process improvement.
To promote this objective, we partner with Finance subject matter experts and relevant functional and technical specialists from across BlackRock to:
- identify and document business requirements
- design and deliver effective and innovative solutions
- provide ongoing oversight and administration of the Finance ecosystem
Extensive hands-on experience in Oracle Cloud ERP Financials is required. Role involves clear & detailed business requirements documentation, design, and delivery of effective solutions, and provides ongoing support and oversight of the Finance ecosystem and our critical processes. Also encompasses understanding how to deliver information insights to inform business decision making and support effective and efficient ongoing business management. Candidates should have a passion for technology, business analysis, as well as experience developing and driving strategic initiatives, process enhancements and automation gains. Responsibilities include:
- Engaging constructively with teams whose members can represent a wide range of BlackRock functional groups across regions
- Requirement and design analysis, application configuration, testing (functional, SIT, regression), defect analysis & support & maintenance of Cloud ERP modules
- Understanding corporate operating procedures, identifying functional gaps, and working with Finance leadership to close such gaps
- Developing deep subject matter expertise and sharing gained skills and experience with colleagues to extend operating leverage
- Solidifying actionable business requirements and supporting strategic projects to successful completion, deploying, as appropriate, a wide range of financial applications, analytical and automation tools, and proprietary code development where necessary
- Deliver ongoing end-user training for Finance platforms
- Must have Oracle Cloud Financials (GL, AR, CM) implementation experience
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting Hub Cloud Service (AHCS or formerly FAH) and Oracle Accounts Receivable end-to-end implementations interacting with functional leads, IT leads, etc. in the gathering of business requirements, performing gap analysis, designing solutions, completing systems configuration, preparing, and executing system training and testing.
- Business analysis & SDLC experience
- Understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) and OLAP technology
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Background in Finance, IT, or similar fields preferred
- Exposure to asset management industry with focus on end-to-end revenue management is a definite plus.
- Technical skills in programming languages such as Python and usage of API platforms (such as postman etc.) is preferred
- Strategic, creative thinker; solutions and service oriented
- Self-starter able to drive positive progress proactively with limited manager direction
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, innovative environment
- Focused attention to detail; high standards for quality and accuracy in work product
- Strong work ethic with high sense of accountability ownership
- Professional, positive, collegial demeanor; collaborative relationship builder eager to contribute skills and knowledge to larger team
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
- Continuous learner; student of financial services and finance functions, technologies, and processes
The BlackRock Finance ecosystem includes Oracle Cloud Financials with Accounting Hub Cloud Service (AHCS) and Financial Close & Consolidation Cloud Service (FCCS), Coupa, Concur, Informatica, Cognos Analytics and TM1, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, and our proprietary BlackRock Aladdin platform. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.