We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
The SAP Engineer will be responsible for providing technical expertise in SAP ECC and BI applications and databases supported by the PIMCO SAP Partner hosted at AWS. This position will focus on coordination with Third Party Partner and internal PIMCO infrastructure, networking, security teams in supporting PIMCO current SAP ECC, BI and related products at AWS as well as future related technology innovations
- SAP Applications and Integrations Support & Maintenance
- SAP HANA DB configuration and tuning.
- Deployment of SAP S/4 Hana Applications and Databases
- Integration of various on-premises applications with SAP Applications and Databases at AWS
- Build, Support Data Pipelines between cloud and On-Premise Applications
- Collaborate, Communicate across cross-functional, technical teams at different levels
In addition to hands-on technical work, this position will require providing assistance to project teams with architecture design, upgrades, performance tuning, systems stabilization, documentation development and the creation of client deliverables.
This role will work closely with internal, external clients on daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver high quality customer experience Qualifications
- At least 5+ years of experience relevant to this position implementing SAP projects or direct line management experience
- At least 1 full lifecycle implementation of S/4HANA with Fiori deployments
- Knowledge of maintenance/patching mechanics and overall SAP Architecture
- Strong AWS Experience with knowledge of architecture and key services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda
- Strong understanding of networking concepts such as VPC, subnets, routing, security groups
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as CloudWatch, CloudTrail
- Proven work experience with integration of 3rd Party SaaS solutions with AWS or other private cloud SAP deployments
- Proven work experience leading the delivery of key aspects of projects within the area of SAP Basis and SAP HANA
- Strong experience with SAP system sizing, HANA landscape design, architecture, and setup, Data Volume management and Troubleshooting,
- Professional experience with HANA migration experience using SQL database to HANA database
- Professional experience in architecting and planning SAP S/4 HANA upgrade and migration projects
- Bachelor's Degree (Software/Computer Technology Field Preferred) or equivalent work experience
- SAP Certification(s), AWS Certification(s) preferred
- Consulting background in providing both technical delivery and advisory services in a senior role
- Knowledge of PowerShell Scripting to backup offshore resources
- Excellent track record of delivering SAP upgrades, migrations and other Basis related projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build 'Trusted Adviser' relationships
- SAP S/4HANA on AWS Cloud deployments or migrations is a big plus
- Experience working in a client-facing environment.
- Experience and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, and to lead and manage small projects
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 105,000.00 - $ 140,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.