Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Manager, Client Service to join our Treasury Service team. This role is located at either location - Hong Kong or Taipei City or Shanghai.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Manage 9 client service staff within China, Hong Kong and Taiwan who act as clients' main point of contact for day to day inquiries and ensuring they respond in a timely manner by adhering to service levels for resolution and provide quality client experience.
- Respond to client complaint on priority and effectively as per procedure;
- Maintains familiarity with industry best practices.
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of the client service team. Monitors work metrics and standards.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with internal teams, identify root causes/area of improvements when resolving client issues and driving implementation of resolutions.
- Support and handle escalations from the team in addressing and resolving complex or non-routine transactional, operational and technical issues;
- Applies advanced problem solving skills, judgement, and experience to analyze information and effectively communicate to clients.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of clients issues and needs to contribute to business development efforts. With the understanding of BNY Mellon products and services, to best propose expanded offerings to clients for front office consideration.
- Leads and participates in internal activities and initiatives designed to improve the client experience.
- Analyze trend/data and present to clients to identify opportunities for service and process improvements.
- Responsible for the achievement of team goals and objectives, talent management and supervision of team members.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Supports multiple geographies (when required) and complex client accounts.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 7-10 years of total work experience with at least 2 years of management experience in client services preferred.
- Excellent customer focus, stakeholders management and relationship management skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.