As a Barclays Par Loan Closer you will have oversight and management of the EME Par Loan Closing team who are responsible for the daily operation of trade settlement and management of controls and key risk indicators. Your role will be to deliver against SLAs, managing volume with team planning, quality assurance and task completeness. You will also manage a diverse portfolio of LMA Secondary loan trades, as required, from trade date through to settlement.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Overseeing and managing the Par Loan Closing Team members
• Overseeing KPIs - setting targets and ensuring resolution to high standards
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, clients (internal & external), the business, Business Managers and other support teams
• Developing and growing talent within the team while addressing performance gaps swiftly
• Developing business plans, policies and procedures, and lead projects, offer innovative solutions and cost saving opportunities
• Having responsibility for ensuring all activity is conducted in accordance with policy, procedure and appropriate controls
• Identifying process or procedural improvements within the organization with both internal and external partners to create efficiencies. satisfied
• Having solid understanding of the industry and business standards and practices of Loan Operations and familiar with industry trends and market conditions
What we're looking for:
• Demonstrable experience working within the Secondary Loans Closing space covering transactions across both LMA and LSTA documentation
• Exceptional understanding of the industry and business standards and practices of Loan Operations.
• Organized and able to prioritize work in a high pressure environment with the ability to manage a diverse workload to tight deadlines
• Proven track record of people management with the ability to demonstrate strong communication and decisions making skills
Skills that will help you in the role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
• Familiar with industry trends and market conditions
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.